Bernado Silva misconduct charge: one game ban, £50k fine

Remember that Wayne Hennessey didn’t get punished for this
EJQk_-kXsAEkYn-.jpg

Friends in very high places does that lads manager have.

Whatever. The tweet was extremely stupid and the way the club handled it was a textbook example of what not do. One game is in line with precedent and they did us a favor by delaying it past Liverpool. Hopefully he'll have learned a lesson and we can all move on.
Is it? Which other examples have there been? The only one I can think of was that bloke who sent loads of tweets about how gay people should be killed, which isn't really in the same ball park. The only example I can think of where someone was punished for a racist social media post was Rio Ferdinand calling someone a coconut back in 2013, and he only received a fine. Obviously they might have changed the guidelines since then, but I can't help but think that the new harsher penalties suddenly come into effect when one of our players fucks up, and not for example just 7 months ago with Wayne Hennessey was found not guilty on the grounds that he's a moron.

Okay, I've just found out about the Balotelli one. Personally I think that's bullshit too, arguably moreso than Bernardo's, because Mario was posting it as an anti-racist message.

Last edited:
Just happy this whole shit show can be put to bed. There's not been any winners or losers in any of this.
Hopefully we get our Bernardo back now.

Because an innocent joke between friends is being interpreted as racism.

It's irrational.

They've made it clear that they know he wasn't being racist. Apart from the punishment itself, they've literally exonerated him of being a racist. Now if others want to still class him as a racist despite that, then that's their fucking problem.

Very stupid of Bernardo in today’s climate of everybody being offended on behalf of other people. the punishment is way too severe but it was to be expected, have to take it on the chin, lesson learned and don’t give them any excuses to do it again. I’d like to see Pep go into full petty mode, only fulfil the bare minimum media requirements and give them absolutely nothing from here on, take a leaf out of the NFL and answer every question with “I’m only here so I don’t get fined/banned”

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.