Next Manager after Pep

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pep has said the two best managers he’s faced in his in his career are Luis Enrique and Klopp.

I don’t want Klopp, so Enrique it is!

Would Arteta not follow Pep to his next project?

Dont think City would go for an inexperience manager myself they’ll go for an experience one for me.

Very surprised that no one has suggested Thomas Tuchel, superior to all of the other ones mentioned imo. A young, charismatic manager who is bascially the german version of Pep.

In Klopps final season in 14/15, Dortmund looked tired & out of ideas. In comes Tuchel in the summer of 2015, maintains the gegenpressing & the fast counter attacks of Klopp, but introduces a possession style similar to Pep. The combination resulted in beutiful attacking football very similar to City at our scintilating best. Despite a lack of squad depth he pushed Peps Bayern to the end. After losing 3 key players in Gundogan, Hummels & Mkhitaryan in summer of 2016, Tuchel guided Dortmund to victory in the 16/17 German cup & remained unbeaten at home in the league. Developed the likes of Dembele & Julian Weigl, and got the best out of Aubameyang & Mkhitaryan.

Certainly our best choice when Pep leaves.

Whoever we get, it’s a downgrade as Pep is the best. I like Rodgers, think he’s currently the closest Pep alternative but even if he was successful he’s not Pep and that’s going to go against him or anybody else in that style.

For that reason I think we have two options, we either go in a complete opposite direction to Pep football and the philosophy we’ve built over the last 10 years to stop the inevitable comparisons, which I find impossible to even remotely consider happening.

The second option is we bring in somebody who’s in the early stages of his managerial career and ideally somebody with a connection to the club to earn him some extra bedding in time. So an arteta, vieira, Kompany etc. somebody we can give time to and who could stay for a decade if he’s successful enough.

I like Rodgers, think he’s currently the closest Pep alternative

I like Rodgers too but strongly disagree here. Tuchel & Ten Hag are better candidates & much closer to Pep than Rodgers. I do think Rodgers is a bit underrated, but he is still a level beneath the very best - Pep, Klopp, Pochettino, Tuchel, Simeone, Allegri etc.

Last edited:
I like Rodgers too but strongly disagree here. Tuchel & Ten Hag are better candidates & much closer to Pep than Rodgers. I do think Rodgers is a bit underrated, but he is still a level beneath the very best - Pep, Klopp, Pochettino, Ten Hag, Simeone, Allegri etc.
Rodgers May be a slight downgrade from Pep but no way Is he beneath the others you mentioned. Rodgers with some investment would compete against those other managers you mention.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.