Post Match Thread - United (h)

MUST sign a Centre Back in January. Look at the two lads who play for Sheffield United... will be on peanuts and would probably jump at a move across the pennines. Also would be able to play in Europe. Or we can just stick with a CDM And Otamendi... Im sure that will work out well.....

Although iam burning from inside and look frustrated and angry, i will support my team through thick and thin. Pep has to take big decisions
We need Big striker that replace Kun, because jesus cant fill aguero shoes and not good enough.
Strong and capable central defender to partner Laporte and Left back. Mendy should be sold.
Foden has to play regularly and replace D Silva.
Bernando needs motivation to regain his position, Mahrez has to play regulary.

The only thing that confused me in the VAR decision is how the ref missed it enough for it to be considered a clear and obvious error.

Silva (I think it was Silva) really should not have shot from halfway after the incident. It stopped the play and put all the focus on VAR.

Look, it was a penalty, but the ref didn't give it. You need to use this VAR mess to your advantage, and decisions are very very rarely overturned during open play. Had the ball been passed around for a minute or so rather than being blasted out of play, I think there's a decent change the penalty isn't given.

It wasnt a penalty - Im presuming aboutt he one where it hit the defenders hand as he went to ground and the corss hit his arm which was trailing behind him...which is a completely natural position for it to be in..therefore no penalty and thats what the VAR refs would have judged....and rightly so

I thin there was another one where it hit a players own leg and tehn an arm - i think that is even in the rules that for a defender that aint a penalty

And the thrid one his arm was firmly tucked into his botdy and the defender turned away as well.....defintely not a penalty.

People will hate this as it robs people of excuses as to why we lost..

The real reason we lost is their tactics as simple as they are directly attacked our prime weakness...other teams do this to varying success and we have conceeded goals like this before.....

Utd's set up today was similar to Liverpools...

back four with two holding hard working midielders....Mctomminay and Fred = Wijnaldum and henderson or keita
fast paced front three - Liverpools Sane Salah and Firmno = Rashford, james and Martial

It means all teams have to do is sit in and tehn break..now utd's fron 3 aint anywhere near as skilled as liverpools but they dont need to be...the chances we give up are really high rated/very good chances...space, time to run at defenders one to one, time to shoot. We have had numerous goals scored against us like this.

teams sit deep, wait for a turnover,missplaced pass (usually by one fo our two terrible left backs) missed control by a player (like their first goal today) and break its then 3 on 3 or 2 on2 as our centre halves/fullbacks push so high (walker today on their first goal)

Thats what needs to be rectifed....I have every faith that Pep will but at present i dont hink he has the players he needs to do this due to injuries (Laporte and Kun) and Kompany leaving plus the loss of form of David Silva, KDB and two shit left backs! Zinchenko aint a defender but he retains possession better than the other two which means he has less defending to do.

It wont be the last time we see this issue before the return of Laprote which then enables Pep to be more varied with his midfield plus having someone to look after the left backs better....I think Ferna is tryign to do two jobs at some pointsas he spent a lot of time today in midfield

It's because our there is almost zero leadership, or team ethos that are weaknesses are such huge weaknesses.

We are far too predictable. Teams now know that we won’t attack immediately after getting possession. We will fanny about doing 100 passes and allow them to set up as required. We now don’t close down the ball carrier or press them quickly. We are far too lethargic in and around the area, always looking for the glory pass to tap in from 3 yards.
I honestly don’t know how we have fallen so far from last season, we have had injuries, but we have sufficient quality players to fill in. Mendy needs to move on, as does Stones. Merlin has a poor game by his standards which is horrible to see. Bernardo is having a shocker compared to last season, the list goes on. As for Angelino today, he looked like he’d won a raffle to play. Woeful for a supposed defender brought back. Would rather have seen Cancelo there. Him, Garci and Foden must wonder what they have to do to play.

Angelino is miles out of his depth, Zinchenko isn't a left back, mendy can't be relied on so ffs sort it out, otamendi and stones not good enough so ffs sort it out, aguero and merlin need replacing so ffs sort it out, this should be done gradually but we'll leave it till the last minute like we always seem to do

One stonewall pen,given in loads of other games,could have changed the game,oliver on var

Okay on my way back to S.Wales, was not going to post fully until tomorrow. Sorry but that is just not true. They were by far the better side and could have been out of sight first half. The difference, they had a defence. I really don’t give a shit what others think but Maguire was superb today and marshalled their defence. If we had Ferny in the midfield today they would not have walked through our midfield. At least the Otamendi versus Stones debate has been put to bed. Ota was excellent when he came on, Stones was shocking. Angelino is nowhere near a premier league left back but neither is Mendy. The Burnley result proved today by Spurs proved that Burnley are a very poor side. United are a poor side, but all they needed to do today was okay on the counter. Tactics today were piss poor as they have been for a number of games. The arrogance of thinking we can get away with a midfielder as a Center half is beyond belief. Especially when it weakens our midfield as well as our defence. They walked through our midfield which had no legs, yet Foden sits on the bench. Then as a final act of defiance we throw the ‘gutless’ Gundo on instead of Foden. Whilst I think Pep’s side over the last two seasons are the best side I have seen since 1974 in watching them, and appreciate everything he has done. But I don’t think it is just injuries that have done for us this season. Pep had to take some blame. Now we are at a crossroads. We need a major rebuild, so either Pep signs up for the longer term or we move on at the end of season. Obviously hoping he extends. In terms of support, it was shocking. I was up singing and trying to get behind the team, when other supporters were leaving on 70 minutes. Enough for today but that was tactically unacceptable today.

Ah well. We lost. Taking the last 50 odd years into context I am not that upset. We've had such a good ride last few seasons, and this might just be needed, purge it out of our system and come back better for it next year.

We were right royally fucked by VAR. 2-1 at half time and we win that game. I think that has got to be close to 100% VAR decisions going against us now - I mean where it matters, LFC/Utd/Liv. But we're not playing well, the team need someone on the pitch leading the team.

Totally embarrased by our fans throwing stuff. I hope the fuckers get banned and never come back. We're not really here sounds so hollow now

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.