CL R16 - Real Madrid - (A) 26/02 - (H) 17/03

It's between these ones: Lyon, Dortmund, Real, Napoli, Atletico.

Just off the top of my head glancing at the groups am I right in saying percentage wise it’s Dortmund we have most chance of drawing, what with Them having to avoid 3 teams & is having to avoid 3 also.

Real Madrid would be a tasty fixture and I feel like it's the sort of hurdle we need to overcome.

We haven't beaten one of the 'elite' teams in the knockout stages under Pep, it could be a turning point for this side in Europe if we did.

No easy games there imo.

Would probably say Lyon is the most winnable.
We struggled big time twice against Lyon last season, We were incredibly good last season but seemed to struggle against the way Lyon set up against us in both games. This season we are a shadow of what we were last season so nearly every side we can get will be tough.

Napoli, Lyon, Dortmund nearly all have quick players that get in behind with pace and that's what we are struggling against this season. Napoli with Dries Mertens, Insigne, Callejon. Dortmund with Sancho, Rues, Alcaler. Lyon with Cornet, Depay and Dembele. All those frontlines would cause us massive problems on the break.

Alot can happen from now until February too, Hopefully we find our rhythm coming into the knockouts and tighten up defensively.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.