Leicester (H) Post-Match Thread

Yesterday he was outstanding, that apart he has been very disappointing, for such a classy footballer.

As a City signing the jury is very much still out.

I said at the start of the season it would be Marez’s time. I still believe that.

Apologies if already asked but what happened prior to De Bruyne’s booking? The ref blew for an infringement I couldn’t see anything and even the commentators were unsure what he blew for?
Nothing happened. Obviously Kev, being the only person to ever show some dissent, was booked.

They played a lot better at the Etihad last season.

Not sure they did tbh. I thought their performance at The Etihad last season was all about stopping City winning and helping Liverpool rather than about winning and helping Leicester. Last season they set up simply to frustrate, which they did brilliantly until a certain Vincent Kompany stepped up to the plate.
They're 'one trick ponies', everyone knows their trick and deals with it in the best way they can. Yesterday Pep appeared to take the view that, due to the injuries we have, we had to allow them their one trick and trust that our great big, fuck off bag of tricks would prevail, and it did, spectacularly. The gulf in class between the two teams was enormous and surprising given that they are second in the league.

What a performance that was when we move the ball that quick nobody can live with us. After the last few performances im hoping we have our bernardo and mendy back to there best kevin is on another planet but i feel he still has another level to go if he wants otamendi is benefitting from a run in the team as is walker tho he needs to sort his distribution out. Oh and yet another fantastic performance from the fans boo boy ilkay.

Sorry, but I'm having difficulty seeing that Ben Mendy was all that great yesterday. He was, to my eyes, o.k. No more, no less. He was o.k. Certainly an improvement on what he's been. I know about the injuries, and the difficulty of coming back from them. All I feel, though, is that if he can't get back to those superb overlapping runs and low fizzing crosses in — perhaps he can, I'm not calling it either way — then I don't really see that he's a better option than Zin, and a year or two up the road, when he's less raw, even Angeliño might be a better option. One thing that does my nut in is that he'll be hugging the touchline, he'll get the ball passed out to him, and instead of going for it, he'll stop the ball, hold it for a couple of seconds, and then pass it straight back, diagonally and backwards to whoever's inside, completely breaking the momentum of our forward movement as a team. Perhaps he's been told to do this by Pep, for all I know, because he can no longer get back if he loses the ball. Or in any case, not at present. I still expect great things of Ben, but I think the jury's out.

Very proud of the performance yesterday, we made a very good team look very ordinary and the 3-1 score flatters them big time...
Hopefully they will run the dippers ragged over Christmas and we will kick on....

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.