Is Money everything?

“A man is as rich as he has friends.” - L Ron Hubbard, who amassed billions from the Church of Scientology.

Last edited:
id imagine winning say 5 million on the loto could ruin your life to the point of being miserable and put you on the bottle but not of course everyone a lot of people have won this much and remaind happy, i came into a little bit a couple of years ago and it changed my life from not being able to sleep at night because of bills etc and im sure there was some depression in there to,trouble is now im scarred to death of spending it as i dont want them bad days to return

id imagine winning say 5 million on the loto could ruin your life to the point of being miserable and put you on the bottle but not of course everyone a lot of people have won this much and remaind happy, i came into a little bit a couple of years ago and it changed my life from not being able to sleep at night because of bills etc and im sure there was some depression in there to,trouble is now im scarred to death of spending it as i dont want them bad days to return
Hence why people who have it want more. They fear more of being without it than those who never had it. My fear of spending too much now I am retired is if disappears I would have to take a hum drum job on minimum wage. I know that’s what millions have to do everyday, just to survive, but when you have never lived like that since student days it would be a massive reality check of the real world.

It does make life easier in many respects. I did a job that I can't say I enjoyed, but it gave me a reasonable pension that enabled me not to be wealthy as such, but now I don't have to count every penny or worry about paying the bills. A life of having to be fairly frugal has trained me not to run up huge credit cars bills or other indulgent expenses.

Whether winning 100 million on a lottery makes you x times as happy, I doubt it, but I'm never likely to find out.

One thing i wouldn't be doing is having my face in the media next to a cheque of that magnitude. I'd be remaining anonymous and telling no **** but my parents about it.
I think people would probably guess if some wannabe hooligan was suddenly turning up everywhere splashing the cash. No offence intended, just going off your username which infers you like to fight opposition ‘firms’ at football matches, which suggests not much going on upstairs.
Big win like they would probs my be wasted on you, only so many Stone Island coats you can buy.

I think people would probably guess if some wannabe hooligan was suddenly turning up everywhere splashing the cash. No offence intended, just going off your username which infers you like to fight opposition ‘firms’ at football matches, which suggests not much going on upstairs.
Big win like they would probs my be wasted on you, only so many Stone Island coats you can buy.
Don’t hold back. Just going off your reply, infers you work for the Samaritans. If ever I am on that bridge and you answer the phone will you please put it down as there is a risk I may jump.!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.