Is Money everything?

Since I started earning decent money again, my spending doesn’t seem to have changed much from immediately before that point. Clothes, holidays, eating out. It’s about the same. I think I’ve got a level of spending, above which I view it as wasteful; below which life would be far too dull. So as long as I’m in that zone, I’m cool. When I’ve fallen below it, I’ve simply lived beyond my personal means on the assumption things would improve. Which they always have, so far.

I’m ambitious for that lifestyle, but have no real aspiration to go beyond it. I don’t think it would make me any happier. I’m perfectly happy where I am.

Ambition can be a curse.

Since I started earning decent money again, my spending doesn’t seem to have changed much from immediately before that point. Clothes, holidays, eating out. It’s about the same. I think I’ve got a level of spending, above which I view it as wasteful; below which life would be far too dull. So as long as I’m in that zone, I’m cool. When I’ve fallen below it, I’ve simply lived beyond my personal means on the assumption things would improve. Which they always have, so far.

I’m ambitious for that lifestyle, but have no real aspiration to go beyond it. I don’t think it would make me any happier. I’m perfectly happy where I am.

Ambition can be a curse.
As Robinson Crusoe's father said, always stay in the middle zone

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.