Wolves - post match

its very rare you can follow up the following year and do it again with exactly the same players,liverpool will burn out i expect unless they replace some players, its where we went wrong but pep wasnt to know about injuries which has added to the problem
Great post.

The injuries got us, we still have a fair few of them now obviously which has exposed us, Kompany's loss is massive as well.

But the effort the last two seasons firstly to get 100 points, and to follow it up with 98 and beat Liverpool to the title last season, and winning the Carabao and the FA Cup on top of it is and forever will be a monumental achievement. You got the sense in the celebration of it all after the FA Cup it was the end of a era so to speak. Vinne has left, David after this season, Sergio isn't far off finishing up either. The squad is tired, and was always going to come down eventually. The regenerating of the squad is the next big move for us. We have a great core there to build on

Worse thing about that Mendy incident - I could be wrong here but wouldnt it have been a corner if he shielded the ball out anyways?

I completely agree! That’s what I’ve been saying. Simply that we needed to replace Kompany when he left. We have also watched Bravo turn a very sound defence into an unsure and weak defence time and time again. Just two examples of where our transfer strategy has let us down. Things that everyone can see.
You agree with me, but I don't agree with you.

If Van Dijk got injured or Mane, would they be pilloried for having a poor transfer strategy? Perhaps we did the right thing in not buying Maguire or Ake? We don't know yet because Garcia and Harwood-Bellis may come through in the next 18 months. You are just sniping after the event.

If City get Laporte back, we're as good as Liverpool. Better in my opinion. In the SUmmer we need to revisit the defence. Fernandinho and Otamendi aren't good enough to cover. They have let us down time and time again. The question that is unclear yet is is Stones good enough and will Garcia and Harwood Bellis be ready next season? If not we need to make one good central defensive signing.

Were "dining out'" on last season big time.
I wasnt very impressed to be honest during the open top bus ride in may when half the players looked pissed and unfocused on the new season, stones in particular.
We failed in the transfer market and we have just been meandering around all season blaming VAR and injuries.
Ederson has fucked us over twice now and is more focused on his Instagram than he is for the team.
Several other players look unmotivated lost and confused.
No we cant do last season every year I accept but this season it seems lacks motivation.

I think today we would have won that game if Ederson hadn't been sent off. We did well to get the lead with 10 men but it was always going to be hard against a good team like Wolves. Sterling apart from the goal was poor, gave the ball away time and time again, the pen's were woeful. He should never take a pen again. The two fullbacks were poor and need replacing. Bravo is just not Prem standard. Positives were Bernardo, Ferna, and Rodri for me. Little Bernie didn't deserve to be on the losing side with the effort he put in, pity he can't play in defence
I didn't see Fernandinho challenge for anything.

Were "dining out'" on last season big time.
I wasnt very impressed to be honest during the open top bus ride in may when half the players looked pissed and unfocused on the new season, stones in particular.
We failed in the transfer market and we have just been meandering around all season blaming VAR and injuries.
Ederson has fucked us over twice now and is more focused on his Instagram than he is for the team.
Several other players look unmotivated lost and confused.
No we cant do last season every year I accept but this season it seems lacks motivation.

Christ. Players are allowed to celebrate the things they’ve won. Get a grip

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.