Wolves - post match

Oh come on, have some grace mate. We are entitled to celebrate a great comeback win surely?
Against 10 men? that’s my point looked like you thought you’d won the league Was very disappointed in Wolves, as bad as we were Wolves were poor, diving to win FKs at least 5 iirc how Atkinson didn’t book at least one I’ll never know Good luck in the Europa hope you go on and win it

I think this nightmare of a season is of Pep's making. Even tonight, he's gone against one of his first tenets - never play long ball as a game plan, bit it turned we've systematically played long ball to nobody, just for it to return into our third even faster than Bravo hoofed it away, exactly why Pep says we should never do it. And he did literally nothing to change it. All changes to our system and player positions, new players, changes during the games, they all turned wrong when we needed results. It's one thing to drop a bit after two excellent season, but it's something else to turn into glorified Arsenal fighting for top four place. Cannot wait for the end of the season and his resume what went wrong.
Glorified Aresenal? Why, please explain that one.

Not sure what you call it but it’s pretending you know more than Pep.

Not sure what you mean. We were without the options of Silva; Sane; Stones; Jesus (& Aguero when Ederson was sent off) and played 80 minutes with 10 men
Otamendi has dropped of a cliff as well. He was falling of it last season but he’s crashed on the rocks bloody and dead now and we still play him.

You’re my favourite!

You’re right. We will win every trophy still available, especially if we carry on playing how we have done so far this season, simply because of what we did last season.

I’m sorry that I raised any concerns. How very dare I!

I think he was pointing out that unlike most clubs (inc scousers) we’re still in 3 other cups & did win the lot just a few months ago. Current form has been affected by lack of options owing to injuries

I'm hoping this season will stop the club being so complacent whenever we win anything.

To not replace Kompany was a spectacular mistake. To think it was either Harry Maguire or no one was ridiculous.

They thought we could get away with it. It's come back to bite hard.

But it's pretty obvious why we are playing as we have this season - we have a soft central defence. That's all that needs fixing. KDB, Bernardo and Rodri is a sound midfield. Jesus, Sterling, Mahrez is quality. There are variations on that.

I completely agree! That’s what I’ve been saying. Simply that we needed to replace Kompany when he left. We have also watched Bravo turn a very sound defence into an unsure and weak defence time and time again. Just two examples of where our transfer strategy has let us down. Things that everyone can see.

That is if we get everybody fit and no more injuries. With our luck I can not see that happening.
We were without KDB for most of last season and Mendy for 2 seasons. We coped.

There's two players whose injury would be very costly to us. 1 is Ederson, the other is Laporte. The cover isn't good enough. Cover in other areas was good enough in the previous two seasons.

I think today we would have won that game if Ederson hadn't been sent off. We did well to get the lead with 10 men but it was always going to be hard against a good team like Wolves. Sterling apart from the goal was poor, gave the ball away time and time again, the pen's were woeful. He should never take a pen again. The two fullbacks were poor and need replacing. Bravo is just not Prem standard. Positives were Bernardo, Ferna, and Rodri for me. Little Bernie didn't deserve to be on the losing side with the effort he put in, pity he can't play in defence

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.