Wolves - post match

Pep can’t plan for ederson coming out ( once again) and mistiming his intercept, he can’t plan for mendy getting caught trying to shrill the ball out, he can’t plan for tax giving the hall away and not tackling back, he can’t plan for bravo not being a shot stopper. These are all expensive professionals making mistakes... frustrating for everyone. Kdb was being replaced to save him for Sheffield United, we complain when pep overplays someone.Im a foden fan and would have had him on for legs and ball control, but Gundagan should have been able to control the game and hold the ball at that stage.
Although I don’t think Laporte is the total answer what was highlighted was the need for a leader and strong man at centre back to rally us and shore us up when we start to get shaky. Massive mistake to not replace vinny.
Can we win C L with this team?...all fit and confident ... yes , but the defence will always be a concern.We need luck I think, but hey, we have had a wonderful decade so let’s keep our heads up.

We know why he rushed out because the seed of doubt is planted by Ota and Fern. As a team we want to defend them.

Ederson has been a fantastic keeper for City. You seriously think he's a weakness? Players make mistakes. ALl of them. I don't think it was a sending off because he doesn't do much after missing the ball. The WOlves forward makes sure he catches Ederson and buys the foul. This happens all the time and pundits say if you make the challenge and don't get the ball it's your own fault so in that sense he was to blame but I think the Wolves player was clever.

At 2-0 we should have won that comfortably. We switched off and I could see it happening before they scored.
We lost because we had 10 men for 83 minutes. Seriously, that didn’t change our game plan? Ederson in my view is turning into a liability, was great 2 years ago, was good last season but has been mediocre this season. With our dodgy defence we can’t afford that.

We'll need to play 2 in the big games.

I'd personally like to see Kev play a little deeper, he has the legs and the fortitude for it. If you could mould him he'd be the perfect pivot. Frees up a space for foden too.

Something like
Rodri Kev
Foden
Bernardo Aguero Sterling/Sane

I think he has played deeper a few games which reduced his effectiveness. Personally I think we need him further forward, pressing the opposition (as against Leicester).

Embarrassing, what the fuck are you on,you should be ashamed if you are a blue.
Probably just frustrated. He is frustrating at times. I bet he gets annoyed with himself too.

I thought the whole City side including Sterling visibly eased off at 2-0. Soon as they scored, I thought they'd win. There was no way our defence was going to hold out for 35 mins

Fern is 35 this season. He can't play forever. He wouldn't have played many games had there not been injuries. It would be stupid to play him at his age in a very demanding position.

Makes sense why play a quicker better 35 year old when you have slower poorer younger players chomping at the bit.

You're welcome to disagree but I maintain that TAA is not great defensively. He can be got at defensively. His positioning is not great. Wan Bissaka is a good defender but rubbish going forward. TAA is the opposite. Great going forward but poor at the defensive aspects. You can play diags over TAA and catch him out. He's been targeted before especially in the CL e.g., Roma.

Robertson is a more all-rounded classic full back.

TAA is tasked with tucking in when the ball is on the opposite side, because of his height, Klopp wants him close to goal. He is very good in the air. Robertson doesn't tuck in as much a one of the midfielders usually cover the back post on his side.

It's not in a natural decline at all. Where on Earth do you get that from?

The squad is young. The only old players are David Silva who is already effectively replaced and Aguero who imo has at least a season in him anyway.

Football fans who think City's days are done are making a massive mistake. City's central defence is rubbish. It's the worst it has ever been. That is the problem. It's easily fixed. Play last season's central defenders. Both are on the training pitch.
Totally agree. We have a predominantly young team - second youngest in the Prem when they won the quad, but decimated at CB. In fact, our entire left side has been decimated - first Mendy (unable to play game after game since his injury), then Zinchenko (under the surgeon's knife), Sane (under the surgeon's knife) and Laporte (under the surgeon's knife). Given what's happened to Mendy's athleticism since his injury, could Sane be similarly affected ?

I think he has played deeper a few games which reduced his effectiveness. Personally I think we need him further forward, pressing the opposition (as against Leicester).
Changed the focus of his effectiveness. He may not be getting direct assists from deeper, but the quality of the ball, and the angles he takes up will set up a lot of goals indirectly. The guys a step ahead mentally

We lost because we had 10 men for 83 minutes. Seriously, that didn’t change our game plan? Ederson in my view is turning into a liability, was great 2 years ago, was good last season but has been mediocre this season. With our dodgy defence we can’t afford that.
I don't believe you think that.

When a team mate is struggling it affects your decision making. Ederson is a world class keeper.

City are losing games now because we can't defend against quick direct forwards who run at our central defence but this is because our best player is out.

I really look forward to Laporte returning and teaching you guys a lesson.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.