Wolves - post match

its called the let’s be positive thread. Or maybe the we can still win the league thread. Which after 2 or 3 defeats I could buy into, but after we are on course for 76 points this season, after the last 2, something is badly wrong.

Hopefully 76 points will be enough to finish top 3 it should be as Chelsea , Spurs and Manure are highly unlikely to reach that points tally.

I can't see us getting much more than that which given our recruitment policy and lack of leadership currently is a pass mark.

He did put the breaks on:

He's allowed to come out and challenge for the ball, the second he realised he wasn't getting it he pulled away and made himself smaller to avoid contact. I'm pretty sure the rules say he has to be deliberately denying a goal scoring opportunity, at worst it's a coming together, personally I think Jota has looked for the contact.

Again I ask though, why was the ref so sure of it? Why didn't he atleast check with VAR? Why didn't the commentary even question it? He did "take him out" watch the replay if you can find the slowmotion one. That's clearly not an accurate description but the commentary's words have stuck in the minds of the masses now and it will be forgotten.

Same thing happened to Bravo v Atalanta... the forward initiated the contact

whole defence needs a clearout , with only laporte and ederson trustworthy..with walker and Zin solid squad options.

Stones, Mendy, Ottamendi , Bravo, should be ran out of the club
Walker and Zin played for the sides that won two back to back titles,

You guys think every player has to be a Messi, or a world class player.

Same thing happened to Bravo v Atalanta... the forward initiated the contact
Said that all evening long and immediately I saw it. Wolves thought they'd bee done by VAR but it was us. Again. Ref in studio said it was a nailed on sending off.

Everybody said it was so I thought maybe I am being biased. I am glad other people think the same.

Still we were 2-0 up though so this is not why we lost the game (although it was clearly a key moment).

I wonder if City will appeal?

TAA is tasked with tucking in when the ball is on the opposite side, because of his height, Klopp wants him close to goal. He is very good in the air. Robertson doesn't tuck in as much a one of the midfielders usually cover the back post on his side.
When you watch Robertson and TAA for Liverpool, they generally do something that gets a lot of praise - a pass or interception. But then you look at the stats for tackles won and they're both mid-60 per cents. The much maligned (by some) Kyle Walker is in the high 70 per cents for tackles won.

At his age I doubt he would be seeing many midfield minutes even if we had fit and in-form CBs.

Said it in his thread and I'll say it again here - what does his age have to do with it? If he's performing and up to it, he should be playing there. Doesn't matter if he's 34 or 44.

We're in no position to cast aside one of our most important players of the last few seasons and one of the best DM's in the prem given our current woes, until such time a player with similar qualities is brought in.

Walker and Zin played for the sides that won two back to back titles,

You guys think every player has to be a Messi, or a world class player.
When walker is not at it, he has the potential to be a liability. He's grand when we are on the front foot and he can bomb on. When he needs to concentrate and actually defend, he can do some daft things. He's lost a step too. His legs aren't getting him out of shit they used to

I'm hoping this season will stop the club being so complacent whenever we win anything.

To not replace Kompany was a spectacular mistake. To think it was either Harry Maguire or no one was ridiculous.

They thought we could get away with it. It's come back to bite hard.
Still glad we didn't get robbed for Maguire,way overrated.We should have took a chance on Nathan Ake,has always looked half decent when i have seen him,

When you watch Robertson and TAA for Liverpool, they generally do something that gets a lot of praise - a pass or interception. But then you look at the stats for tackles won and they're both mid-60 per cents. The much maligned (by some) Kyle Walker is in the high 70 per cents for tackles won.
Franco Baresi said if you have to make a tackle you've already made a mistake.

Defending isn't all about tackling

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.