Biggest mistakes of the decade.

I’ve got no problem with anything on the pitch. Players come and go, sometimes clubs sign the wrong player, sometimes it works out, sometimes clubs miss out on a player they really needed, players miss sitters or make defensive howlers. It all happens at every club. But we’ve won 14 trophies (more than anyone else) this decade and won the league table of the decade.

So in my view our mistakes are all in the board room:

1. Becoming this pony club that panders to tourists/daytrippers/nobodies. Huge mistake this! I absolutely fucking hate that side of what we’ve become. Loads of fucking no marks sitting in our stadium every game who do not give a fucking shit about this football club, smile and take pictures when the opposition score, we’ve even seen some with United megastore bags inside their backpacks or Liverpool screen savers and even one the other week with a United baseball cap on (and they weren’t away fans, they were tourists who aren’t really United/Liverpool fans neither). They can all fuck off and never return in my view.

2. Upping seasoncard prices in 9 of the 10 years in the decade seeing thousands of long standing Blues fall away from our support

3. Scrapping Loyalty Points for away games

4. Giving far too much of our away allocation to corporates, or those tour agencies, and those coming out of the Loyalty Point percentage. Whoever thought that up needs slinging out of their job

5. Building a decent big three tier’d stand behind the goal and giving ¼ of it to away fans and having to give ¾ of it to away fans in the cups. Huge mistake that too! Should be no away fans in that entire stand.

6. City giving far too many tickets in our home stands to agencies who shift them on which results in away fans in the home end. Now, I’d rather have away fans in the home end than fucking tourists in the stands because at least they actually love the team they’ve come to see, but it should be real City fans in the home stands as a rule.

7. Not making a better transport situation back to Town from the Etihad.

When we were taken over I thought we’d do things differently to all the other clubs. We do not have the support like United Barça Bayern Madrid and Liverpool, we are very very different to them all, however we have the true supporter size to fill a 65000 stadium with proper Blues who’d make a great atmosphere. But our boardroom haven’t understood this and have made thousands of these fans fall away from our support. Khaldoon, for all his smooth talking in his end of year interviews (where he seems to say a lot of words and not actually say a lot) hasn’t understood and Soriano (with his stupid fucking attitude on his face on All Or Nothing when talking about our fans invading the pitch) hasn’t understood. And as a club we have tried to become just another United and failed without realising we don’t have that sort of fanbase. They think we have or have tried to make up these other kind of fans that United and the like have, you know, the nobodies who aren’t real fans, and it has seen our support change beyond recognition.

Now we have empty seats almost every single week and silent stands full of nobodies.

What a shame!

What a real fucking shame and shame on our boardroom for doing this to our support! A support that just 20 years ago was hands down the best support in the country (and this isn’t just my biased opinion to soup up my argument, a Villa fan said exactly the same thing to me when we played them this season).

Last edited by a moderator:
Mistakes, signings at times. Winning leagues and then not building on them teams. The signings after the first title win were suicidal looking back.

Playing the way we did in that champions league semi final away game. We’d done half the job drawing 0-0 at home whilst getting pretty battered. A goal was enough to go through, even before knowing that scoring would have meant Madrid had a lot to do. We was shite that night, one of the worst performances since the take over for me. Had so much to gain and very little to lose yet we were really poor.

As good as Ederson is, and I think he is very very good, Ter Stegen is probably the best goalkeeper in the world with the feet to match.
Is my memory failing, or did the first reports when we signed Bravo actually say we signed Ter Stegen?
From what I recall from that summer, Ter Stegen was stuck behind Bravo and threatening to leave if he didn't become the starter, and we were happy with getting whichever ended up losing out. Bravo if Barca chose to play Ter Stegen, and vice versa.

I’ve got no problem with anything on the pitch. Players come and go, sometimes clubs sign the wrong player, sometimes it works out, sometimes clubs miss out on a player they really needed, players miss sitters or make defensive howlers. It all happens at every club. But we’ve won 14 trophies (more than anyone else) this decade and won the league table of the decade.

So in my view our mistakes are all in the board room:

1. Becoming this pony club that panders to tourists/daytrippers/nobodies. Huge mistake this! I absolutely fucking hate that side of what we’ve become. Loads of fucking no marks sitting in our stadium every game who do not give a fucking shit about this football club, smile and take pictures when the opposition score, we’ve even seen some with United megastore bags inside their backpacks or Liverpool screen savers and even one the other week with a United baseball cap on (and they weren’t away fans, they were tourists who aren’t really United/Liverpool fans neither). They can all fuck off and never return in my view.

2. Upping seasoncard prices in 9 of the 10 years in the decade seeing thousands of long standing Blues fall away from our support

3. Scrapping Loyalty Points for away games

4. Giving far too much of our away allocation to corporates, or those tour agencies, and those coming out of the Loyalty Point percentage. Whoever thought that up needs slinging out of their job

5. Building a decent big three tier’d stand behind the goal and giving ¼ of it to away fans and having to give ¾ of it to away fans in the cups. Huge mistake that too! Should be no away fans in that entire stand.

6. City giving far too many tickets in our home stands to agencies who shift them on which results in away fans in the home end. Now, I’d rather have away fans in the home end than fucking tourists in the stands because at least they actually love the team they’ve come to see, but it should be real City fans in the home stands as a rule.

7. Not making a better transport situation back to Town from the Etihad.

When we were taken over I thought we’d do things differently to all the other clubs. We do not have the support like United Barça Bayern Madrid and Liverpool, we are very very different to them all, however we have the true supporter size to fill a 65000 stadium with proper Blues who’d make a great atmosphere. But our boardroom haven’t understood this and have made thousands of these fans fall away from our support. Khaldoon, for all his smooth talking in his end of year interviews (where he seems to say a lot of words and not actually say a lot) hasn’t understood and Soriano (with his stupid fucking attitude on his face on All Or Nothing when talking about our fans invading the pitch) hasn’t understood. And as a club we have tried to become just another United and failed without realising we don’t have that sort of fanbase. They think we have or have tried to make up these other kind of fans that United and the like have, you know, the nobodies are aren’t real fans, and it has seen our support change beyond recognition.

Now we have empty seats almost every single week and silent stands full of nobodies.

What a shame!

What a real fucking shame and shame on our boardroom for doing this to our support! A support that just 20 years ago was hands down the best support in the country (and this isn’t just my bias opinion to soup up my argument, a Villa fan said exactly the same thing to me when we played them this season).
So to summarize, you like the money and the trophies that come from it, but not the necessities to generate said money? I get to come to only one or two games a season so I guess I am a day tripper and can't comment, but I don't really understand that. It's pretty clear that the club are trying to be financially stable and sustainable, so you can't really have one without the other.

So to summarize, you like the money and the trophies that come from it, but not the necessities to generate said money? I get to come to only one or two games a season so I guess I am a day tripper and can't comment, but I don't really understand that. It's pretty clear that the club are trying to be financially stable and sustainable, so you can't really have one without the other.
Necessities? Ticketing generates next to fuck all. We have a turnover of over £500m and ticketing contributes very little towards that.

City upped seasoncard prices by £30odd again last year and that only generated a measly £1.3m. What was the point? City do not need £1.3m extra just to piss everyone off.

It's already been said, and it's not really a mistake, more of an unfortunate occurrence, but missing out on Hazard. Chelsea fluking that CL win and therefore qualifying for the following year when they had finished 6th really fucked us over. Think he would have come to City if that hadn't happened, and if he had we'd perhaps have 3 more PL titles (the 2 Chelsea won and the Leicester win).

But yes, in terms of our own mistakes, not going for complete domination after the 2011-12 title win is more inexplicable now than it was even then.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.