Matthijs de Ligt

What would have been a better deal for De Ligt?
He cannot give you an answer about what would have been a better deal for de Ligt other than saying Raiola is lining his pockets.

Not only did de Ligt get big wages at Juventus, Raiola secured a way out if needed with that release clause. Proof that he thinks about the future and well being of his player. De Ligt himself said he was more than happy to join Juventus and he is getting plenty of game time despite the competition thanks to Chiellini injury.

The only problem at hand is that de Ligt has not been performing as good as his price tag should command (he is expected to have a VVD impact at this price) and his injuries.

People are forgetting he is just a very young player who needs to grow, especially in a very tactical league like Serie A as a CB.

Saw this coming.

No point blaming Raiola.

The signs were there at Ajax. Bossed in the CL by the premier league strikers he faced. Llorente took him apart.

Everyone saw the hype and ignored the clear signs this lad isn’t there.

This.

How old is he? 21? What was Van Dijk doing at 21, playing for Celtic? Kompany was injured at Hamburg, Laporte was still at Bilboa and Pique was in United’s reserve team etc.

I’ve never seen him play so can’t comment on him in particular but the wider point stands - he’s young, at a huge club and if the talent is there then I’m sure given time he will be fine

How old is he? 21? What was Van Dijk doing at 21, playing for Celtic? Kompany was injured at Hamburg, Laporte was still at Bilboa and Pique was in United’s reserve team etc.

I’ve never seen him play so can’t comment on him in particular but the wider point stands - he’s young, at a huge club and if the talent is there then I’m sure given time he will be fine
None of those moved when they were just 19 years old for £67million plus with wages reputed to be £280,000 per week basic. He doesn't have time at those figures.

Edit: hell, he could be earning more than any of the ones you mentioned right now.

Saw this coming.

No point blaming Raiola.

The signs were there at Ajax. Bossed in the CL by the premier league strikers he faced. Llorente took him apart.

Everyone saw the hype and ignored the clear signs this lad isn’t there.
This summer was ridiculous, so many posters on this forum wanking themselves senseless over this lad and saying we should smash our transfer record and wages structure to sign him because he's Kompany's heir apparent and the bestest ever ever ever.

I don't think he's a bad player at all, quite the opposite but when there is so much hype surrounding him (and Maguire), it just didn't make sense to go for either of them at that time. Especially knowing we had Fernandinho as a backup to Laporte, Stones and Otamendi, who is first choice now alongside Laporte when he comes back from injury.

Now his stock has dropped I'd happily give Juventus the majority of what they paid (£50m) to take him off their hands if we got rid of Otamendi and possibly even Stones if his head has fallen off.

None of those moved when they were just 19 years old for £67million plus with wages reputed to be £280,000 per week basic. He doesn't have time at those figures.

Edit: hell, he could be earning more than any of the ones you mentioned right now.

I accept the fee and wages are big, perhaps disproportionate to where he is in his career but Juve presumably knew that so will give him the time. What’s the alternative?

I accept the fee and wages are big, perhaps disproportionate to where he is in his career but Juve presumably knew that so will give him the time. What’s the alternative?
PSG (not even the rags would pay him what his agent would demand).

There is literally nowhere else he could go without Juve writing off a big chunk of money and the lad taking a big pay cut. So yes, I suppose Juve will have to give him time.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.