Matthijs de Ligt

PSG (not even the rags would pay him what his agent would demand).

There is literally nowhere else he could go without Juve writing off a big chunk of money and the lad taking a big pay cut. So yes, I suppose Juve will have to give him time.
PSG was out of the picture the second Juventus made a bid for him. The main reason was the release clause Raiola was adamant to put in his contract, clause that is forbidden in french football contracts.
However, it might just be the elegant excuse given to PSG because de Ligt prefers Juventus. PSG went on buying Diallo instead for a significantly lower fee and salary but got a significantly less promising player.

Buying de Ligt, a 19 y.o player, is an investment for the future. Juventus will stick to their guns.
Even Rabiot who is a benchwarmer isn't being sold or vloaned out despite interest from PL clubs.

He cannot give you an answer about what would have been a better deal for de Ligt other than saying Raiola is lining his pockets.

Not only did de Ligt get big wages at Juventus, Raiola secured a way out if needed with that release clause. Proof that he thinks about the future and well being of his player. De Ligt himself said he was more than happy to join Juventus and he is getting plenty of game time despite the competition thanks to Chiellini injury.

The only problem at hand is that de Ligt has not been performing as good as his price tag should command (he is expected to have a VVD impact at this price) and his injuries.

People are forgetting he is just a very young player who needs to grow, especially in a very tactical league like Serie A as a CB.

This.
Yes, all this. The idea that Raiola did anything other than an unbelievable job for his client is insane. He's playing for one fo the best clubs in Europe on ballon d'or level wages at the age of 20 and even tossed in a release clause. You'd think he moved him to China or something.

This summer was ridiculous, so many posters on this forum wanking themselves senseless over this lad and saying we should smash our transfer record and wages structure to sign him because he's Kompany's heir apparent and the bestest ever ever ever.

I don't think he's a bad player at all, quite the opposite but when there is so much hype surrounding him (and Maguire), it just didn't make sense to go for either of them at that time. Especially knowing we had Fernandinho as a backup to Laporte, Stones and Otamendi, who is first choice now alongside Laporte when he comes back from injury.

Now his stock has dropped I'd happily give Juventus the majority of what they paid (£50m) to take him off their hands if we got rid of Otamendi and possibly even Stones if his head has fallen off.

We'd still have to pay him at least what he is earning now, if not more as a premium to induce him to come. Given that some have mentioned he is on 280k a week, he would presumably become our highest earner. I could then see the likes of Laporte, KDB, Sterling, and countless others wanting parity and rightfully so. Our wage structure would be fucked.

Yes, all this. The idea that Raiola did anything other than an unbelievable job for his client is insane. He's playing for one fo the best clubs in Europe on ballon d'or level wages at the age of 20 and even tossed in a release clause. You'd think he moved him to China or something.

Yes, a very reasonable 150M release clause that cannot be triggered before 2022 - at this rate, it's pure fantasy to believe anyone would pay this for any defender much less one that has struggled to adapt like the Dutchman

Riaola got a young up and coming player a crazy contract paying world class money.

Juve now realise they have bought a young kid , whom has much to learn.

Riaola is a piece of shit, but an incredible agent if you want to look after yourself in terms of $ and not medals.

Saw this coming.

No point blaming Raiola.

The signs were there at Ajax. Bossed in the CL by the premier league strikers he faced. Llorente took him apart.

Everyone saw the hype and ignored the clear signs this lad isn’t there.

Llorente most certainly did not take him apart.

Like the majority of players we get linked with, most of you watched one game of his last season and it happened to be the one where his team lost and you decided you didn't rate him.

He was a fucking rock at the base of an absurdly attacking team and his other performances against the likes of Real Madrid and Juventus were a much better indicator of his level.

He's made a couple of high profile errors this season but it always makes me laugh how people on here will bend over backwards to try and claim a player we failed to sign wasn't good enough.

We'd still have to pay him at least what he is earning now, if not more as a premium to induce him to come. Given that some have mentioned he is on 280k a week, he would presumably become our highest earner. I could then see the likes of Laporte, KDB, Sterling, and countless others wanting parity and rightfully so. Our wage structure would be fucked.
It's very simple. If he chooses the money over the opportunity to come, we don't want him. No way would we offer him anything like that and I highly doubt Juve are paying him anything remotely like that as a 19 year old, it's all press hype/speculation.

Just like our players supposedly on contracts of £300k a week, that maybe the case if we win all domestic and European trophies, it'll be determined by how successful he is.

Now he is set up for life he should fcuk of Rialoa make his own decisions and have a top lawyer to go through all details of future moves.

Yes, a very reasonable 150M release clause that cannot be triggered before 2022 - at this rate, it's pure fantasy to believe anyone would pay this for any defender much less one that has struggled to adapt like the Dutchman
Reasonable or not, having a release clause is better than not having one for the player. If he had signed for Barça or Real Madrid, he would have one of those crazy release clauses of 400 M or something and you wouldn't be complaining about that.

And yes, it would be pure fantasy to believe anyone would pay this much for a defender that has struggled to adapt like de Ligt. However, this has absolutely nothing to do with Raiola but is on de Ligt himself. Raiola got him top wages in one of the european top clubs (the dominant club in Italy and several times CL finalist in the last decade). What should have he done better?

We could use the same logic on a lot of players Barça bought recently : Coutinho ? His agent is certainly not thinking about his player since he sent his player to Barça where he is unwanted while leaving the future CL winners. Dembélé ? He was seen as the next superstar in Germany before going to Barça where he is endlessly injured and not reaching his potential. The jury is still out for de Jong.

I don't like Raiola either because i'm on the side of my club and he is on the opposite side but it is ridiculous to say he didn't do his best for de Ligt.
Riaola got a young up and coming player a crazy contract paying world class money.

Juve now realise they have bought a young kid , whom has much to learn.

Riaola is a piece of shit, but an incredible agent if you want to look after yourself in terms of $ and not medals.
He will likely wins a lot of medals at Juventus though.
Now he is set up for life he should fcuk of Rialoa make his own decisions and have a top lawyer to go through all details of future moves.

The thing is de Ligt is the one who went looking for Raiola. When the whole saga of de Ligt started, he had another agent that he was trusted. However, that agent was just a small guy in the industry and they asked Raiola to take care of his transfer because they had faith he would get the best for the player. End of story : Ajax made plenty of money for a 19 y.o, de Ligt made plenty of money and joined a great side, Raiola made plenty of money, Juve got their player. I really see no one unhappy here except for the clubs that have been rejected (not the ones voluntarily walking out).

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.