John Stones - 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
I had half a thought after the Villa game that maybe just maybe he could get his way back as he actually won a couple headers and a couple decent tackles, then to come back with that performance on Saturday is the final straw for me.

Villa were no good. Stones City career has been littered with decent performances, typically in big wins / good team performances against utter dross. It is time for the club to cut its losses on this guy and plan for next season with a proper replacement for Vinny (should have been done last summer) and a replacement for Stones. It was crazy to think we could go from our best ever defender, to Stones or Otamendi and not feel the pain from it. Obviously, losing Laporte unexpectedly has amplified the problem.

I can see a situation where we don't see Stones for 2 or 3 moths due to an alleged injury. It's possible his head is all over the place (due to a number of factors) and football is not currently helping him.

He just looks a bit of a mess at the moment in not only his ability as a footballer, but also his personal appearance.

Mental health is to be taken seriously, and regardless of how wealthy someone is, they can still be troubled by other things in their life.

I genuinely watch and worry for him. He looks a troubled soul. But I am certain we have the right people at the club with his best interests in mind.

I can see a situation where we don't see Stones for 2 or 3 moths due to an alleged injury. It's possible his head is all over the place (due to a number of factors) and football is not currently helping him.

He just looks a bit of a mess at the moment in not only his ability as a footballer, but also his personal appearance.

Mental health is to be taken seriously, and regardless of how wealthy someone is, they can still be troubled by other things in their life.

I genuinely watch and worry for him. He looks a troubled soul. But I am certain we have the right people at the club with his best interests in mind.

Many a wealthy person monetarily speaking has demons inside their grey matter they find difficult often never being able to resolve.

If he is fine inside the head no problems many a man doesn't like to reveal his emotional demons to anyone.

If he has issues its best to talk to someone about it that is the start of the healing process , its imperative he does before its too late.

I noticed he didn't really join in the celebrations like the others did upon Kun scoring both goals which is a sign especially given the scoreline and drama of it and timeline.

On the other hand I have never seen Kun happier on the field , clearly happy with his life off the field at present lucky lady or ladies (LOL) somewhere.

He is part of a team so should not have felt isolated by Popes comments at all. His teammates will have supported him. I think it more likely that pep is too much for him. Very high standards that not every player can flourish under.
Mendy pushed pope into our dressing room and tried to get john to shake his hand,not exactly supportive of him

He has a problem in his leg

Pep Guardiola has stated that he will speak to the doctors after the press conference to assess John Stones' situation ahead of

Pep Guardiola on criticism of John Stones: "It was unfair. I’m there, we are there. You have ups and downs in your career. We know his quality."

Mendy pushed pope into our dressing room and tried to get john to shake his hand,not exactly supportive of him
And the rest of the squad ignored him (according to Pope). Mendy is just a daft laddie who probably sees good in everybody. The rest of the squad was supportive.

They should all of had his back,no excuse for mendy to do that
Maybe. If John had any bloody gumption he would have left enough on Pope on the field that he would never say he was 'soft' again. Through the back of him winning the ball and then whisper pussy to him a la Vinnie. Thats what should have happened.

His 'softness' cost us two points on Saturday.

Maybe. If John had any bloody gumption he would have left enough on Pope on the field that he would never say he was 'soft' again. Through the back of him winning the ball and then whisper pussy to him a la Vinnie. Thats what should have happened.

His 'softness' cost us two points on Saturday.
He is not right that is for sure,im annnoyed and worried about him in equal measure

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.