Penalty Taker

Who should take penalties if Haaland is not on the pitch?

• Total voters
Rather than headline City's problems in taking penalties, perhaps we should look at how the ref or linesman managed to miss the goalkeeper's movement off his line?

I wonder what position the linesmen were adopting?

If that was against Utd, then there'd be an inquest. It would be all over the BBC. Questions asked. With the result that next time a ref and his officials did a Man Utd game they would be under pressure. That's the background to refereeing City, Man Utd and Liverpool games. The officials don't feel pressure when we are playing, but when its Man Utd or Liverpool they know any decision against these sides will bring with it heavy scrutiny.

I don't believe the game is bent but I do believe that refereeing is biased through pressure.

Rather than headline City's problems in taking penalties, perhaps we should look at how the ref or linesman managed to miss the goalkeeper's movement off his line?

If that was against Utd, then there'd be an inquest. It would be all over the BBC. Questions asked. With the result that next time a ref and his officials did a Man Utd game they would be under pressure. That's the background to refereeing City, Man Utd and Liverpool games. The officials don't feel pressure when we are playing, but when its Man Utd or Liverpool they know any decision against these sides will bring with it heavy scrutiny.

I don't believe the game is bent but I do believe that refereeing is biased through pressure.

I think some referee's like Taylor are blatantly biased, but I also think some are corrupt, I believe Clattenburg was one, (probably influenced by far eastern money?), and I am very suspicious of Oliver and a number of other officials.

Having said that I think Jesus momentarily hesitating in his approach to take the penalty made it less likely, IMO for the penalty to be re-taken.

I have never seen a penalty taker penalised for stopping/hesitating in their run up, although some do, to varying degrees. Maybe the officials thought there was potentially two offences, and, to some degree, they balanced each other out?

Eddie is so cool and brilliant at giving players the eyes I really feel he could score every time.

So the reason the best striker of the ball at the club, one of the few players who is always playing, and someone who is in the leadership group isn't taking penalties is.....no one asked him.

FFS.

Reactions: cjn

Nah don’t agree mate. Hit the ball accurately with enough pace and there’s no argument over stepping forward a couple of yards. He’s awful penalty taker.

Yes leave the cb's near our goal,if it's allowed

Eddie's got a hard, accurate shot, tell the ref we'll take the penalty from the centre spot, Eddie can blast it from there and amble back into his goal..!

The beauty of this is that he will probably still have a better conversion rate than Gabby, Raheem and Rihad and will be back in goal to cover any potential counter attacks if need be..!

What have we got to lose..?

(Think I might apply to City for the penalty taker coaching role myself .!)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.