Adama Traore

Good player and has the raw attributes Pep could improve and work with but :
1.He's predominantly a right winger..able to play on the left wing yes but not as potent
2.Wolves would demand close to 100 M £ or even more..they don't need the money and have European ambitions of their own..There are better options for that price bracket there are better options on the market ie.Sancho for sb who is very inconsistent with his performances

I haven't watched him more than against us and highlights against other opposition, but I don't understand why he even has a thread on this forum. He's pacey, but so what? That alone doesn't cut in in my book.
And he tends to make a whole lot of runs in questionable directions, just because has has the speed to do it. Maybe he has a problem with his sense of direction?

the lad is average at best.

he does not have the technical passing ability to play in a Pep team

in a team that plays ont he break he is fine...in a possession based team like ours we have no need for him
Wolves are a possession based team. Am I missing something here?

Lots of criticism of Traore is similar to what Sterling faced prior to Pep's arrival. Only has pace, can't cross, can't finish etc. So I think if Pep worked with him he'd improve on a lot of aspects of his game. As far as him being a right winger, supposedly so is Sterling. I mean of course they may be better on the right side, but you have to look at patterns of play and how they are being used. One facet is the cross coming from the right in De Bruyne and now with Cancelo. It's the winger on the far post having the pace to get behind the defender for tap ins. Think back to Sterlings header against Spurs where Kev put in a pin point perfect ball. So if Traore can finish those and with the width coming from Mendy whipping crosses in he could play on the left. When things aren't working Pep switches the wingers around so he could go to his natural right hand side.

Last edited:
This kid has been bloody useless until the last couple of months when he is having a purple patch,he doesn't play like he did against us very often
He would be up there with our record signings cost wise
Really?

This kid has been bloody useless until the last couple of months when he is having a purple patch,he doesn't play like he did against us very often
He would be up there with our record signings cost wise
Really?
Not worth silly money but think you are severely underestimating him.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.