Ederson - 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
He doesn't concede many where you think he really should save it. Could be a bit more commanding when we defend corner's maybe? The positive's far outweigh any negatives though, and I love watching him with the ball at his feet.

He just almost doesnt fucking play.

How can you be a good goalkeeper or find form when you only face one shot on target a game and it's a bullet header 3 yards out that you've got no chance with?

We see it every week when we dont finish well that we play keepers into good form by giving them 1 or 2 easy saves and Eddy just never gets that.

I dont think it will be for a while but I'll make a prediction that Ederson gets a lot better when Pep goes. The current system where he only faces massive chances like 1v1s or point blank shots is killing him.

not the worse logic I've seen though I'd like if I could give a fuck to try to recall if some other keepers from dominant teams through the history had similar experience. Specially those that played under Pep's teams. I've never rated Valverde as much as I probably should, think he was lucky to play in that Barca team, but can't recall when Neuer's performances stopped to be out of this world, if it was when pep was there or later.

Anyway, I never thought Ederson is fantastic shot stopper, at least since he came to City. He makes some great saves here and there, but shot saving is not something that brought him to City and world's goalkeeeping elite and I doubt it ever would if he wasn't such brilliant with his feet in the time when tat became fancy thing in football. 20-30 years ago, he'd be nowhere close to a club of City's stature as nobody cared about his biggest qualities back then.

Last edited:
Think he needs to work on his decision making when coming out of the box. Very fortunate not to concede a goal there. Very similar to the Wolves one
Agreed, opposition teams like RM will analyze and look to exploit, it's a repeated weakness. He's received red cards for such charges, yesterday would have been a costly second goal but for the ankle tap on Ferny.

Think he needs to work on his decision making when coming out of the box. Very fortunate not to concede a goal there. Very similar to the Wolves one
I completely disagree on this one, Ederson did exactly what we want him to do tactically (even if it's not conventional) and prevented the goal by doing so. If he stayed on his line and Tosun controlled it which judging by his first touch was a distinct possibility, then he would be 1 on 1. Ederson coming out gave Fernandinho (and Stones if he wasn't still half asleep) a chance to get back and recover possession.

Get him on penalties immediately (and stick Kyle on the edge of our 18 yard box when Eddie takes them). ;-)

Ederson has now become the goalkeeper with the shortest ever betting odds (4/1) to score in a Premier League match, after Guardiola’s endorsement of his penalty taking abilities. [@MailSport]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.