Ederson - 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
The keeper is the least of our worries when we have absolute dog shit full backs, a midfielder being our best centre back and a choice of CDMs who despite everyone on here labelling them world class, are a fucking major downgrade on the 34 year old who is now our best centre back.

Is it just me or has his distribution pretty much stopped being a weapon in our arsenal this season?

Not necessarily a criticism of him directly, maybe we're just not taking advantage of it.
It is still there, and is still incredibly important to our play, it is just the other teams have had time to develop better methods of reducing the impact of it.

It can still help us win matches, it’s just not going to be as frequent moving forward. It’s the same story of nearly every weapon ever devised — they still do their job, but as time goes on they become less impactful as new defences are developed.

It is still there, and is still incredibly important to our play, it is just the other teams have had time to develop better methods of reducing the impact of it.

It can still help us win matches, it’s just not going to be as frequent moving forward. It’s the same story of nearly every weapon ever devised — they still do their job, but as time goes on they become less impactful as new defences are developed.

I'm not so convinced. Put some serious pace back in that front line rather than just Raheem and I reckon we'd be trying it more often.

We seem to have abandoned a few things this season or relied more heavily on things I don't really associate with us under Pep. The lack of patience in the buildup leading to huge volumes of crosses is another one which might have started back against Norwich.

The keeper is the least of our worries when we have absolute dog shit full backs, a midfielder being our best centre back and a choice of CDMs who despite everyone on here labelling them world class, are a fucking major downgrade on the 34 year old who is now our best centre back.

Defence isn't that bad considering they allow so few chances. No matter who we have in defence the opponents will always get chances and that's when the goalkeeper comes into play and Ederson has amongst the worst save% in the league.

Defence isn't that bad considering they allow so few chances. No matter who we have in defence the opponents will always get chances and that's when the goalkeeper comes into play and Ederson has amongst the worst save% in the league.

We concede few chances because we are better than most teams that we play and have 70% possession against them. Our defence is absolutely woeful. I couldn't even tell you what the redeeming features of the players who make up our back four?

Walker - Fast.
Stones - Can play 5 yard passes.
Otamendi - Doesnt back out.
Mendy - Was good going forward before the injuries.
Fern & Zin - Have done a job given its not their regular positions.
Cancelo - Who knows?

Its basically a who's who of defensive crap and its hardly surprising that Ederson is put in a position whereby he is facing big chances every week. Have you ever seen a top side give up so many one-on-one situations? We are just as good (arguably better) as Liverpool going forward, so given we are 22 points behind them, there must be issues elsewhere on the pitch and there is not a single fit defender at City, that would get into our biggest rivals side. Maybe that is where the problem lies?

there's just no hiding that his shot saving percentage is pretty low. People g about Bravo about that, but there's no much difference with Ederson. He just doesn't save enough shots.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.