Pep calls out Scudamore

I honestly couldn't give a fuck about a lack of respect from these twats but the denigration of our achievements, the constant sniping at the legality behind our footballing plan and business has to fucking stop and the club should be using that sovereign wealth they keep harping on about and threatening to close the the ****s down if it doesnt stop.

I'm glad it's not just me. I've been saying this for ages. There are moments in games that you noticeably see the players heads drop when a perfectly good tackle is given as a foul, especially when the ball breaks to one of our attacking players in a promising position.
It happens in every tight game, there's also a very noticeable difference in refereeing when we go 2/3 goals up and the game is effectively dead as a contest. Suddenly it's the other teams who get punished for those niggly little fouls, advantages get allowed, our yellow cards slow considerably and our so called "tactical fouling" goes unpunished as they desperately try to even out the statistical anomalies.

There's always the odd exceptional circumstance (e.g. penalty/red card they can't ignore) but in general there's a very specific pattern to refereeing in our games. It's very predictable and watching the games in isolation (any none City fans), you would think it's just incompetence or it "evens itself out over a season", as a City fan watching every single game you spot the patterns and systemic cheating as it's happening.

I've said a good few times to mates (proper football fans) before that we'll get cheated at certain points which they've laughed at (understandably), then it happens and it's just coincidence, then it happens again and it's creates some thoughts, then it happens again and they suddenly start to see the patterns emerging themselves and can predict what is going to happen before it does. To the point now that even a couple of United fans and one Livarpool fan I work with see it, so it's not just us going mental as I've thought on a few occasions myself.

Happy wife, happy life, so it goes?

Walker, Stones and Mahrez, all splitting up in last few months.

Perhaps some lads thought they had already made it?

Perhaps some of them got a bit too carried away with things when we were doing well? I know they're footballers but there's been a lot of extramarital affairs being discovered lately.

Perhaps some of them got a bit too carried away with things when we were doing well? I know they're footballers but there's been a lot of extramarital affairs being discovered lately.

True enough. There are other factors which sometime come in to play with elite sportsmen?

Sane, Cancelo, De Bryune, all with new kids in the last few months?

David Silva now having his little one at home?

Zinchenko being loved u/getting engaged?

I'm not saying any of this has had a direct impact on performances this season, just that sometimes life can get in the way for guys making that transition from someone who has only ever had to focus previously on themselves?

I've read books where drop-offs have coincided with relationship breakdowns/children arriving - Becker, McEnroe, Agassi, snooker player Steve Davis...all said it dulled their dominance.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.