West Ham match postponed - confirmed

Status
Not open for further replies.
There's a lot of Marvin wannabe's here, who don't care of accidents or deaths due to the adverse weather conditions, of all fans travelling to the Etihad from all parts of the country

Football fans have different levels of passion, no problem with that. Common sense prevailed I suppose.
More worrying when City fans are giving a Wembley cup final a swerve when they have no idea what the weather will be.

Marvin put the wind up a lot of lads here today. 100+ pages and not a blow landed on him.

Top class internetting. He stood his ground against 100mph gusts and didnt even brace.

What a guy

It's not really to do with whether or not the weather would affect the game or not. It's more a question of if it was safe for fans to make the journey there and back. They made the right decision IMO. The ground would have most likely been a quarter empty anyway if it had gone ahead.
the days of making a call on if a match should go ahead or not base on just home fans are long gone, a lot of home and away fans travel You have to make the call hours before the match. The storm where I live is due to die down about Tuesday 5pm at the moment its rain and 70mph winds might be earlier. I have had to call of matches etc than at ko its been fine just one of those things.

Weird how very few others took offence at the council house comment. Maybe that says more about you than me. Ah well, c'est la vie. If you feel that strongly about the post, report it.

Most are not from this country and don't have a clue about local sensibilities, or can't be bothered calling out an idiot.

No chance the majority would leave it that late. For a 4.30pm London away game most will be setting off around 8 which was around the time our coach left for spurs last week and I imagine a lot would have left even earlier to give them more time due to the forecasts.

Set off 1015 myself for Spurs - set of at 9am for 3pms normally.

The game doesn't go ahead, just if the players are there. What about all the staff?. Stewards, caterers, volunteers, police, ambulance. Have a think. If you're fine with any blue or anyone making their way to the game, that gets injured or worse, because we've made a decision to go to a game then I'm speechless.
It’s windy and fucking rainy, not some fucking disaster movie

Official.

A City spokesman said: "Due to extreme and escalating weather conditions and in the interests of supporter and staff safety, today’s match has been postponed.

"This decision has been made by Manchester City’s Safety Officer following consultation with club stakeholders and officials at West Ham United.

"Further information regarding the rescheduling of today’s match will be published in due course."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.