UEFA FFP investigation - CAS decision to be announced Monday, 13th July 9.30am BST

What do you think will be the outcome of the CAS hearing?

• Two-year ban upheld

Votes: 197 13.1%
  • Ban reduced to one year

Votes: 422 28.2%
  • Ban overturned and City exonerated

Votes: 815 54.4%
  • Other

Votes: 65 4.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Quick note on the leaked documents

Pinto have admitted multiple times that he didn't obtain all of the 'leaked documents' himself

So a club, agent or individual / group other than Pinto potentially hacked or stole the City documents

I doubt that this was done via the goodness of someone's heart, so can a third party who financially benefits from the stolen documents count as a whistleblower?
And i often wonder how they were able to get into our systems to hack it.
However when you have employees of other football clubs logging into our systems illegally it’s not a leap of imagination to see that used as a back door entry into our network.

Pinto have admitted multiple times that he didn't obtain all of the 'leaked documents' himself

So a club, agent or individual / group other than Pinto potentially hacked or stole the City documents

I doubt that this was done via the goodness of someone's heart, so can a third party who financially benefits from the stolen documents count as a whistleblower?

Hackers hack for anything they can find that they think they can use; that could be for profit, to disrupt something they oppose, or to impress people into supporting them
None of the Football Leaks hack is close to whistleblowing - they're not employees of anyone exposing corruption, and there was a vast amount of this material.

What we saw is the bit Spiegel published about City. There was a collective of journos from many countries looking at the hack trove to see what they could find, and parts were published in specific countries - I'm pretty certain the French media published a lot on PSG which would have no interest to most people in England.

And i often wonder how they were able to get into our systems to hack it.
However when you have employees of other football clubs logging into our systems illegally it’s not a leap of imagination to see that used as a back door entry into our network.
Just imagine the shitstorm if the origin of the email hacking came from Liverpool, the password used for the scouting network could even as a stand alone system be a gateway into our mainframe stuff.

why are people so confident that if 'found guilty' and given a ban, CAS would overturn that ruling in our favour?

This is different to any other previous FFP case, including our own punishment. From what i understand, So far, clubs have (including ourselves) been accused of breaching FFP limits, and CAS simply ruled that the punishments were disproportionate and unfair, not that the breach didn't occur. In some cases, the punishment was avoided, in n others suspended (but still applied).

What we are accused of is different, it is not breaching ffp, it is misleading uefa and book-fixing, effectively claimed as cheating. It no longer becomes a simple, is the punishment too onerous for the breach (of a shit rule), and the message CAS would be sending puts a different pressure on the whole thing, if we are found guilty by Uefa.

Putting aside all the crap, about how this came about, the 'evidence', the behind the scenes plays etc etc, it is a bit different in principle to other CAS cases.

While i do like how strongly the club have approached this and how resolute they aeem, as much as a long battle would be damaging for uefa, long term, it might not be the best outcome for us. surely, no punishment or need to appeal would be better, and uefa finding a way out of finding us 'guilty' would be preferred. for me at least. the time to challenge ffp was 2014, a bit different now.

We broke NO Uefa Rules if city found a loop hole and exploited it whose at fault?

Bit of a leap to say we were hacked by another club though? Oh, hang on a minute...

Is this the master plan unveiling itself? ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.