UEFA FFP investigation - CAS decision to be announced Monday, 13th July 9.30am BST

What do you think will be the outcome of the CAS hearing?

• Two-year ban upheld

Votes: 197 13.1%
  • Ban reduced to one year

Votes: 422 28.2%
  • Ban overturned and City exonerated

Votes: 815 54.4%
  • Other

Votes: 65 4.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Do you not reckon the club have kept him completely informed on the hidden elements of this thing though? As in the club are apparently confident, wouldn't they be doing absolutely everything in their power to reassure Pep to not worry about today's announcement? If that works then Pep carries on as per normal.

It's possible some of the players could have been clued in too, no?

not sure what that has with what I said. I said IF he runs away, I won't look at him with same eyes. I don't have idea what he talks with club, just feel that it would felt as betrayal of his spanish duo friends, khaldoon, SM and all at club that made him feel like a deity of football.

more Concerned by the man who has driven the whole FFP train, regardless if he’s no longer on the scene (appearance sakes)
Then how do you explain PSG got a sanction together with City in 2014 if Platini was giving a special protection to the french club ?

You just have to read UEFA rules to understand the differences in the case and why/how they are trying to trap City.

-PSG case : inflated sponsorship from related parties. It has been dealt with according to their rules :

BREAK-EVEN REQUIREMENT
Notion of relevant income and expenses

1 Relevant income and relevant expenses are defined in Annex X.

2 Relevant income and expenses must be calculated and reconciled by the licensee to the audited annual financial statements and/or underlying accounting records and to the projected break-even information if applicable.

3 Relevant income and expenses from related parties must be adjusted to reflect the fair value of any such transactions or, for player transfers between clubs that are related parties, the value in accordance with Annex X

PSG sponsors from related parties have been investigated again and again and the value adjusted to the "fair value". After that, PSG balanced the account to cover the difference by selling players.
Hence why they couldn't sanction. They have to follow their rules.

-In City case, the leaks have given them ammunition to say City have breached those rules :

The licensee must:
a) cooperate with the licensor and the UEFA Club Financial Control Body in respect of their requests and enquiries;

b) provide the licensor and the UEFA Club Financial Control Body with all necessary information and/or relevant documents to fully demonstrate that the monitoring requirements are fulfilled, as well as any other document requested and deemed to be relevant for club monitoring decision-making, by the deadline set by the licensor and/or the UEFA administration (the reporting entity or combination of entities in respect of which information is required must be the same as for club licensing);

c) confirm that all the submitted documentation and information are complete and accurate;

d) promptly notify the licensor in writing about any subsequent events that constitute a significant change to the information previously submitted to the licensor, including a change of legal form or legal group structure

And by subsequently adjusting the contract to their new "fair value", they have artificially put you into break even deficit.

Then City has accused UEFA of having breached on of their own rules :

The licensor must:

a) communicate the deadlines of the monitoring process to the licensee;

b) cooperate with the UEFA Club Financial Control Body in respect of its requests and enquiries;

c) as a minimum assess the monitoring documentation in accordance with Annex IX;

d) assess and confirm to the UEFA Club Financial Control Body that the selected reporting perimeter is the same as used for the fulfilment of the club licensing criteria and is appropriate for club monitoring purposes;

e) inform the UEFA Club Financial Control Body of any relevant information submitted by the licensee in respect of club monitoring requirements and any event occurring after the licensing decision that constitutes a significant change to the information previously submitted by the licensee.

In carrying out these responsibilities, the licensor ensures equal treatment and guarantees full confidentiality of all information provided.

It is not hard to follow if you read UEFA rules. No need to put Platini into the discussion. If there are leaks pointing to PSG doing the same thing, you can be sure Tebas and the cartel and the media will push (he is already doing it now) for another investigation and further due sanctions.

I understand but it should be a matter of honour now. I'll always remember the football we played under him, but I won't respect him anymore if he jumps the ship now. He got all the love from the club, his mates are in trouble, if he runs away, I won't have any good opinion about him as a man.
Totally agree, if any of the 3 amigos walk away now , their reputations will be damaged for ever.

The same would apply to any player who left because of the ban.

Our enemies got what they waited for years. It's an open season of kicking City's reputation to death. Whatever this ends with, we'll feel the serious damage for some time. Even if we win the appeal, which would solve the biggest problem, the brand's reputation is seriously damaged.

It is relevant because the case are not the same.

PSG wasn't accused of what City is "technically" accused right now. Everyone was laughing at PSG QTA contract and it got investigated. Here, they are saying City inflated their sponsors in a clever way in order to fool them and prevent an investigation.

I'm not siding with UEFA and the cartel since FFP is a scam but the case are different technically.

Haha priceless.

I think it will become less playful goading and more vitriolic. If we win the cup final guess what the main topic of conversation will be about!

Exactly. It’s likely our reputation is tarnished for ever. Every game we win will be followed by the inevitable snidey comment. I feel a part of my soul has died.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.