UEFA FFP investigation - CAS decision to be announced Monday, 13th July 9.30am BST

What do you think will be the outcome of the CAS hearing?

• Two-year ban upheld

Votes: 197 13.1%
  • Ban reduced to one year

Votes: 422 28.2%
  • Ban overturned and City exonerated

Votes: 815 54.4%
  • Other

Votes: 65 4.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Disguised owner funding and over-inflated sponsorships are the same thing in this case. They're saying that we inflated the value of the Etihad deal by 57m because Etihad only paid 8m and Mansour secretly paid the rest.​

No, I don’t see it that way. UEFA accepted the figure that Etihad were contracted to pay us, so it’s not inflated regardless of where the money to fund it came from. If the bulk of it was funded by our owner, then we have a big problem for sure but that doesn’t make it over-inflated if UEFA have already accepted the value of that deal. In any case, it was well documented that Etihad were experiencing financial difficulties around that time so it stands to reason that they probably got a bail out to meet their obligations, one of which is their sponsorship of City. Like I say, if ADUG funded the shortfall then it’s a major issue for us but good luck UEFA trying to prove that it definitely came from ADUG and they’d need far more than a hacked e-mail as proof. More than likely state-owned Etihad were bailed out by the state which isn’t an issue.​

I don't think this is a valid defence though. Each case judged on its merits and all that. If the CAS believe we have misrepresented our sponsorship deals to inflate our revenues they'll uphold the ban and the fine and we'll have a points deduction from the PL too. It won't matter what other clubs have done.

My understanding is that CAS will consider the proportionality of the punishment too. We could potentially lose c£200m over an alleged c£10m payment from Sheikh Mansour.

Its almost impossible to make sense of this scenario. An element within UEFA were desperate to stop us in our tracks and if you read the ramblings of someone like Tabas -his hatred and loathing for our club and our owners is clearly clouding his judgement. However, everyone at UEFA can't be that stupid.... Can they? There's clearly factions within UEFA …. The likes of Gill who just want us banned full stop but clearly this hard line wasn't universal hence the olive branch of a deal. It hard to be objective sometimes when you are under attack, but City rejecting another "pinch" suggests we have some confidence in our case and suggests we know how determined the likes of Gill are to destroy us. I'm thinking for all the allegations of softness and weakness the full weight of the UAE is going to be unleashed to destroy those that are behind this. We need to stick together, we need to be patient and this will create issues for the club, but our strategy thus far of being nice and trying to fit in has got us nowhere. We need to get the gloves off, fight our enemies, let our financial advantage benefit us and be resolute. We are going to need to destroy UEFA and expose and take down some of the elite clubs.... yesterday was a unique day in football and hopefully for many it will be marked as the beginning of the end. I'm sure as reported City have been gathering data on our rivals and with Liverpool, United, Juve, Barca and Real Madrid you wouldn't have to dig far to find all manner of corruption. Hang in there blues... Stick with the team, lets bond around this and see it through.

sorry if i'm very naive colin but if the second scenario comes to pass what do uefa get out of this as surely their reputation would be shot for bringing such a ludicrous trumped up charge

Although its City and been given some airplay because we are the most successful Premier League Club over the past decade and many like to diminish this fact at any opportunity I think the many previous scandals that have plagued UEFA where if it were the corporate world at play all officials would have had to serve lengthy jail sentences make this decision fairly small by comparison.

As for reputation they care nought for their reputation and the punters expect nothing they do would improve one that was shot long ago.

A high tide lifts all boats.

A blue wave is coming, we need to enjoy the ride.

Being told we want CAS done ASAP, our team have been ready to go for ages.

Suspect that is because dragging it out just to play in next season's tournament gives a perception of cynicism and not being entirely confident in our case.

Shit or get off the pot. I like it.
They have to, because this situation will start to rip us apart if it festers on.

The whole UK feed exclusive to Sky comes via Abu Dhabi - most of the rest of the channel content is African news and adverts. I'm being unkind to amoebas comparing them to you - some simple bacterial mould would probably better resemble the contents of your skull.
Totally unnecessary. You do the forum no credit with your unique brand of shite.

the BBC are a disgrace and every story about city and pep and players leaving and its the end of manchester city its just cannon fodder
its so funny reading that without champions league football no players will come to city hahahaha what have utd been doing then ???

i will say this PEP is not a quitter and somebody that will walk away and i see city coming out in the next couple of days and saying pep signed a new 3 year deal
funny thing is the clowns don't see it and this is bad new for the premier league other teams and city will wipe the floor and clean up in england if the uefa ban stands, its like a free run in the transfer market and we could sign anybody and spend as much money as we like without any FFP so good luck to the rest in england

0iAPCas.jpg

Unless you are Liverpool, man utd, real Madrid and Barca who are in debt.
A load of absolute bollocks. One reason and one reason only FFP has been brought in and that is to deflect the attention of these ****s in debt and keep them all cosy and in the loop.
This statement alone is a pack of lies.
Yes the world's biggest club is so transparent that it doesn't even publish details of its ownership structure and its shareholdings because it is based in the Cayman Islands. FFS we are all living in some sort of parallel universe. Is this what people mean when they talk about the "post truth" era.

the BBC are a disgrace and every story about city and pep and players leaving and its the end of manchester city its just cannon fodder
its so funny reading that without champions league football no players will come to city hahahaha what have utd been doing then ???

i will say this PEP is not a quitter and somebody that will walk away and i see city coming out in the next couple of days and saying pep signed a new 3 year deal
funny thing is the clowns don't see it and this is bad new for the premier league other teams and city will wipe the floor and clean up in england if the uefa ban stands, its like a free run in the transfer market and we could sign anybody and spend as much money as we like without any FFP so good luck to the rest in england

Simon Stone - wanking off the vile piece of shit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.