UEFA FFP investigation - CAS decision to be announced Monday, 13th July 9.30am BST

What do you think will be the outcome of the CAS hearing?

• Two-year ban upheld

Votes: 197 13.1%
  • Ban reduced to one year

Votes: 422 28.2%
  • Ban overturned and City exonerated

Votes: 815 54.4%
  • Other

Votes: 65 4.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
So what do we think in terms of time frame here? CAS will likes take at least 12 months. So the ban can’t be implemented until the hearing is complete. I suspect that the earliest it can start is the 2022 season by which point we will be in an actual court challenging FFP and UEFA themselves.

I get the feeling this could drag on a good couple years and somewhere along that line UEFA will buckle as we move into the real detail of this.

I don’t see us serving a ban, or paying any fine.

It’s going to be a long process but one I believe we will ultimately win.

UEFA are going to be a very different organisation when all is said and done.
Timescale from CAS Dont know how long City have to take the case to CAS though

The ordinary procedure lasts between 6 and 12 months.

For the appeals procedure, an award must be pronounced within three months after the transfer of the file to the Panel.

In urgent cases and upon request, the CAS may, within a very short time, order interim measures or suspend the execution of a decision appealed against.

I've always thought Stone was a very good journalist. But that doesn't mean I like him or agree with his reports. SOme of our enemies are capable you know.

Look we're going to the CAS now. UEFA hawks won for now. Making our enemies out to be morons when we're the ones facing a 2 year ban is a little silly. The implication is that our board have been outdone by simpletons and that isn't the case at all.

There is a difference between recognising the strength of your opponent and siding with them.

I particularly liked his online piece this morning, a photo of a single fan in the etihad, Good journalism.

Of course it has, but we can drag others down into the dirt with us.

For me, it's about time this club became one again, on and off the pitch.

Militant, mobilized and ready to lean in and push back.

We are Manchester fucking City - existing before Barca, United, Madrid.

Winning in Europe before Liverpool.

Winning makes you soft, you crave respectability and approval.

We don't need fucking approval, and the sooner Soriano realises this the better.

Our greatest asset will always be the people who bleed blue.

We need to stop fucking moaning. We know we are hated. Embrace it.

Too many have their entire lives dictated to by likes and comparisons.

Remember this. We are the richest club on the planet. The owner never went out and put Messi and Ronaldo in the same team, which he could have done ten times over.

We are Manchester fucking City. Our enemies should be very worried what comes next.

Let's have a bit of old-fashioned hostility in the air.

I like the rhetoric but have always felt we’re too nice off the field & so called working openly with UEFA has got us nowhere which we really shouldn’t have been naive about as of course they have a long term agenda.

Maybe should have followed suit as PSG who seem far more ballsy in these type of financial situations.

Would love City to take the Yank approach of basically drawing this out with the lawyers between City & UEFA until they run out of legal finances but doubt we will be that ruthless.

I wouldn’t even take a compromise of a season ban, as who’s to say UEFA won’t revisit this type of attack on the club again in the future.

I think there will be huge pressure on the Premier League to invent some reason to deduct us points for next season.

No European football next season and the ability to spend whatever we like without FFP puts us as huge favourites for the league next season. All thanks to UEFA.

It’s time for the club to come out swinging and bloody a few noses in the process. We could see this coming for a long time so now is the time for us all to stand shoulder to shoulder and take these snivelling fuckers on. Any media miss information should be jumped on and warnings/bans given. It’s nice to be nice but sometimes being too nice makes you look weak. Time for the fight back to begin CTID!
I had already resigned myself to fucking it all off mainly because of var , but I detest bullies & it feels like my club are being bullied .If City fight back , first by banning some of these vermin press from our ground then I certainly will return to fight with them . Nicey nicey hasn’t worked , it’s war now & time to stick together & FIGHT BACK !

Just got up. Had a long lay in. Read the papers..jeez it's like a seige mentality out there against us. How about taking this to the supreme Court.

No I wasn''t thinking of AJ - CNN programming in the UK on Sky channel 506 airs from their Abu Dhabi based production centre.
are you a German by any chance?

Their Europe/Middle East/Africa service airs from London. A specific Middle East only service airs from Abu Dhabi.

Regional and online versions
There are six variants of CNN International:

As for your German comment, if this is meant to be a jibe it's gone way over my head. If your CNN reception airs exclusively from Abu Dhabi maybe you should get your TV or Sky box looked at.

The press, sky, bt, uefa, unfortunately all looking for the same thing - glory for the favoured teams, whilst keeping upstarts like us in what they see as our rightful place, the gutter. If you think the PL won’t come after us you are optimistic verging on the naïve
What PL rule have we broken? You forget that PL is subject to English Common Law. Rule 1: The causes of Action may be dead, but they rule us from the grave. Without a rule to point to, PL would be laughed out of court.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.