UEFA FFP investigation - CAS decision to be announced Monday, 13th July 9.30am BST

What do you think will be the outcome of the CAS hearing?

• Two-year ban upheld

Votes: 197 13.1%
  • Ban reduced to one year

Votes: 422 28.2%
  • Ban overturned and City exonerated

Votes: 815 54.4%
  • Other

Votes: 65 4.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m not convinced we’re adamant that we are not guilty more adamant that UEFA can’t prove us guilty.

Maybe we’ve just decided we would look week to take it, I just would rather be sitting here with less prize money and a squad limitation, especially given they would have no right to limit spending as it relates to so far in the past.
Could be a mix of the two,every business does creative accounting,if it's more than that then fair cop,i just think we have never been wanted,we have swept them all aside,the 2 history clubs are pushing hard with people at every level,they want us gone,would they take this action about either of them? of course not,as i said before one of us is going down,the line has been drawn,i just hope we land on the right side of it
It hasn't half got the blood pumping though,this anda cup final.let's 'ave it !

Reactions: dom
Get slated for this, but if a pinch was on offer should we not have took it.

We’d have been home free and could have concentrated on moving forward with next season.

Time will tell I suppose and maybe they just had enough of UEFA
Until the next pinch or the one after that? Where do you draw the line? No we've took the only viable option left to us.

CAS members

Who we picking, who UEFA picking & CANo.
Name Country
1. Abdullah Al Hayyan
23px-Flag_of_Kuwait.svg.png
Kuwait
2. Tjasa Andrée-Prosenc
23px-Flag_of_Slovenia.svg.png
Slovenia
3. Patrick Baumann Switzerland
4. Scott Blackmun
23px-Flag_of_the_United_States.svg.png
United States
5. Alexandra Brilliantova
23px-Flag_of_Russia.svg.png
Russia
6. Miguel Cardenal Carro
23px-Flag_of_Spain.svg.png
Spain
7. John D. Coates
23px-Flag_of_Australia_%28converted%29.svg.png
Australia
8. Moya Dodd
23px-Flag_of_Australia_%28converted%29.svg.png
Australia
9. Nabil Elaraby
23px-Flag_of_Egypt.svg.png
Egypt
10. Ivo Eusebio
16px-Flag_of_Switzerland.svg.png
Switzerland
11. Michael Lenard
23px-Flag_of_the_United_States.svg.png
United States
12. Carole Malinvaud
23px-Flag_of_France.svg.png
France
13. Yvonne Mokgoro
23px-Flag_of_South_Africa.svg.png
South Africa
14. Ellen Gracie Northfleet
22px-Flag_of_Brazil.svg.png
Brazil
15. Göran Petersson
23px-Flag_of_Sweden.svg.png
Sweden
16. Dick Pound
23px-Flag_of_Canada_%28Pantone%29.svg.png
Canada
17. Corinne Schmidhauser
Switzerland
18. Tricia C.M. Smith
23px-Flag_of_Canada_%28Pantone%29.svg.png
Canada
19. Wilhelmina Thomassen
23px-Flag_of_the_Netherlands.svg.png
Netherlands
20. Hanqin Xue
23px-Flag_of_the_People%27s_Republic_of_China.svg.png
China
21. Matthieu Reeb
Switzerland
22. Meles Zenawi Ethiopia
We’d better not pick Patrick Baumann as he’s been dead for 16 months.

CAS is only the first step. Re-read the city statement again. Very clear that we're prepared to challenge UEFA, and indeed FFP and the damages, legally in court outside of a sporting environment. Do UEFA think FFP wills hold up in court? I think we're going to find out soon enough.

Even if we win at CAS, I don't think that is the end of it. How can we in the future play by the rules of an organisation that has sought us out for special retribution? We need to hurt them.

Interesting to read the rumours that Ceferin wanted us to accept the pinch again to avoid a ban. Likely he knew we were serious in our statements to fight it and wanted to avoid UEFA's name being dragged through the mud, but if there is any chance at all that it was fuelled by fear their process and decision, and indeed the evidence itself, was lacking, then I hope we were sensible enough to document all contact.

This will be fought. It will get messy. I still fail to see on what basis UEFA think they have more evidence to take further action.

Must be a discussion ongoing now at city as to whether we can provide the full emails purported to have been hacked, for CAS. If they clearly were misinterpreted, as our original statement suggested, then could be a relatively quick and embarrassing decision at CAS, for UEFA. Because not once have UEFA seemingly asked us for those emails in full. The released hack, handled via an unnamed and unknowingly motivated source, was seemingly enough at face value. We could rightly deny any knowledge of he emails, counter that possibly UEFA themselves concocted them.

As far as I know, there is no evidence we sent those emails, even if they have the right names of the employees. They could have been doctored, completely falseified, did UEFA check? Nope. Strange, that. Almost as if the evidence was not actually something they wanted to dwell on.

Honestly, if CAS is truly impartial, then this ban just can't be enforced. It's based off an excerpt of an unverified source, shoved into the right sized shape to fit Leterme's pre-existing will to see Manchester City punished by UEFA.

Are we sure that they never asked for or got the whole lot of emails not heard that before and not sure how anyone outside of the selct few would know

The only way we will be in the chumps league next season is if they somehow we can suspend the punishment pending the appeal, hence the harsh punishment of two seasons ban. If we win the appeal we will probably still have had a season out of the competition due to the time that CAS will take to hear the case. This was probably UEFA’s strategy all along.

If that is the case they’d have to compensate us !

Look I have been going since 1968 and followed us all over the country. I kept my season ticket going in the eighties even though I lived in Kent at the time and missed loads of games through work. I have certainly fought on the terraces, streets and train stations/coach parks also in my time. Not because I was a hooligan or hard nut but because back in the day it was a price you paid following your club, particularly away.

I have booed the EUFA anthem, argued our case online and in pubs but I can't fight this fight, neither can any blue here. It is out of our hands and in the hands of our legal team and the courts. All we can do is watch and wait.
Yes chappo we watch and wait,and when we win this we shouldn't stop at just getting it overturned we should go for the blood of every bastard involved.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.