UEFA FFP investigation - CAS decision to be announced Monday, 13th July 9.30am BST

What do you think will be the outcome of the CAS hearing?

• Two-year ban upheld

Votes: 197 13.1%
  • Ban reduced to one year

Votes: 422 28.2%
  • Ban overturned and City exonerated

Votes: 815 54.4%
  • Other

Votes: 65 4.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Serious question from an outsider - do you think Pep will leave because of this?

My gut feeling is that Pep would be leaving regardless of this. If not at the end of this season then certainly the next. I’d actually say this season. He looks pissed off with it all to me, particularly dealing with the media.

I know it’s old but does anyone have a link to a news story about the other clubs signing a letter complaining about us and demanding someone take action?

think it was sent in Arsenal headed stationary

I feel sick to the stomach. I don’t care about the CL but I care v much about the reputation of our great club. This; VAR & the way Liverpool etc are feted by the corrupt media - makes me feel like giving up football after 55 years of supporting City through thick & thin.
Unfortunately this would only hurt my club more.
If I could do something as a football fan that would damage UEFA I would but there’s nothing.
I fear we’ll lose this as it’s too big a threat to Europe if we win. They’ve moved the goalposts each time to thwart us - resulting in a tidal wave of hate for City from all avenues.

I believe we’re fu****. And it’s heartbreaking. We can’t even be given any reassom the club because they obviously can’t comment on the situation.
I’ve had enough & my love for football has turned to hate.
I feel your pain pal but why give up on your club now.

Does anybody know what rule City allegedly broke? Is this the same offence as the 50m fine already paid in 2014.

Did UEFA punish City off the back off the Der Spiegel leaks?

Will the CAS really go against UEFA?
The allegation, I believe, was that UEFA doled out that fine on the basis of the accounts we submitted, and that subsequently they found out that those accounts were false and actually a large amount of the Sheikh's money was funneled through the sponsors in order to allow him to spend more than we were making in sponsorship.

It's a bizarre allegation for two reasons. Firstly, we submitted fraudulent accounts, but apparently didn't go so far as making sure that we actually passed FFP. And secondly, we put money into the club via Etihad, etc, but somehow ended up with sponsorship deals that were roughly the same as other similarly-performing clubs at the time. If I remember rightly, there was also a slightly dodgy bit of income from licencing some of our technology, or expertise of intellectual property (?) to other CFG clubs, which again, is not the sort of thing a club does if it's cooking the books to the extent that we're accused of doing. Basically they're accusing us of lying on FFP and submitting accounts that......still didn't pass it?

Let’s all take a big deep breath and let’s enjoy the rest of the season. What happens in summer will happen. I think we will take a 1 year ban and fine. The Premier League will bottle it and we will move forward. It’s now in the open that we are the most hated club in Britain and Europe. But I don't give a flying fuck. I love the club and we will still be a force next season, up the City!

Last edited by a moderator:
Are we potentially risking a worse punishment by appealing? Say 3 year ban and PL points deduction?
CAS is an arbitration and mediation court so increased sanctions are not in their remit.

As I understand it there are three options for CAS:

Uphold the 2 year ban & fine
Recommend a reduced sanction
Overturn the entire sanction

Also this case has nothing to do with the PL unless the charge is upheld, and even then it would surely have to be the subject of a separate case based on FA and PL rules at the time.

Conn says they have invoices. Know he's a prick, but that worries me.
There were guarantees given to us by Etihad.
So if they're matching "His Highness" in the leaked email to the paper trail they acquired during the 2014 investigation then they've fucked up on a grand scale as "His Highess" is NOT "His Highness Sheikh Mansour bin Zayed bin Sultan bin Zayed bin Khalifa". It is "Sheikh Khalifa bin Zayed bin Sultan Al Nahyan" the Emir of Abu Dhabhi and ultimate owner of Etihad.
Still it will prove that they never read our rebuttal document.

Last edited:
I'll be sure to use simpler words for you next time Georgie boy ;)
I'm obliged but try to remember

no-one-is-ever-who-they-purport-to-be-5d80f810e250f0bbe92a0402507773ee.jpg

That can only happen after CAS reaches it's decision. CAS won't look at who leaked what and why. They will look at the whole process and was it followed correctly. Did City hide anything and continue to hide anything? Have UEFA made erroneous assumptions? City not co-operating during it only hurts us. The question is whether we have the stomach to take it to the courts after CAS as that's what will surely be needed but I am not sure City will want to go that far. I could easily be wrong. It's only an opinion......
I agree that CAS will not care about the leaks. That's not their job. But it is clear from City's statements that we are going all the way whatever CAS says. We have no choice but to take UEFA on head-on. This battle is about CFG posing a global threat to EUFA's position. No one would dispute that UEFA is a corrupt organisation. There is no point City co-operating with UEFA. Why would City send confidential business information to an organisation staffed by our political enemies and commercial rivals? And worse than that, an organisation that has been systematically leaking private information to our commercial rivals and a hostile media. We would be stupid to co-operate with UEFA.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.