UEFA FFP investigation - CAS decision to be announced Monday, 13th July 9.30am BST

What do you think will be the outcome of the CAS hearing?

• Two-year ban upheld

Votes: 197 13.1%
  • Ban reduced to one year

Votes: 422 28.2%
  • Ban overturned and City exonerated

Votes: 815 54.4%
  • Other

Votes: 65 4.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Been looking at the possibility of ban and what players have contracts expiring in that time. I have to say Garcia jumps out as the major concern in 2022 as StoneS and Otamendi will surely be sold off in summer... and almost everyone in 2023 will be waiting to see if we qualify for the Champs League too. This is a proper headache for the club tbh. We have to lower the wages in the squad if banned.. and if next season it's suspended - we have to plan for CL qualification for the 2023/24 season.. which then causes issues with the 2024 expiring contracts. Bernardo's quote circulating today cannot be new surely?? He's contracted here for another 5 years FFS. Can see why the club might be happy for send Cancelo on.

Not appealing suits the longer term contracts whereas appealing, punishment suspended and then losing is catastrophic to put it bluntly. Appealing and winning is absolutely key. If punishment is reduced to 1 season I'd snap their hand off.

This summer:
David Silva
Claudio Bravo
Scott Carson

1st season out of CL?
option 2 - suspened punishment whilst CAS investigate

Leroy Sané
Sergio Agüero
Fernandinho

(2nd season out of CL)
or
option 2 - 1st season out of CL

John Stones
Nicolás Otamendi
Eric García

option 2 - 2nd season of CL.

Raheem Sterling
Kevin De Bruyne
Gabriel Jesus
Riyad Mahrez
Ilkay Gündogan
Benjamin Mendy

Rodri
Kyle Walker
Oleksandr Zinchenko
Phil Foden

Bernardo Silva
Aymeric Laporte
Ederson
João Cancelo

Funny other clubs who don’t qualify keep there players and buy more quality players.

Looks like is all over now. No way there is revenue to pay salaries if no UCL. So hope ban can be reduced to one year and we move on. If not sell all players that wont stay for premium moneu and start bring in young cheap players like Foden. And play them and rebuild. In two years timewe all will be fine. Stronger than ever before.
Fucking hell

If it is true after the £50,000 000 Cheque was cashed by UEFA the first time.

UEFA then changed the rules to accommodate PSG spending.

Is it just me thinks this is a really damming indictment against those corrupt bastards ?

This isn't an argument and one which fans need to stop peddling because it won't hold up in our appeal.

The issue seems to be whether UEFA have the power to charge us for a previously agreed charge, one which has been settled and agreed.

We've clearly misled UEFA over where our finances have come from, but UEFA did agree to the settlement so its whether they are able to reopen this case.

(Or at least that seems to be my understanding)

A bit of adversity in the media never done the Sex Pistols any harm.

Funny you mention the Sex Pistols. There’s a video on YouTube from the late eighties I think, in which Jonny Rotten called out Jimmy Saville and the BBC for what they are. I always think of this when the media, like the BBC, sit in judgement on City.

Mate just sent me a quote from bernado saying he left Benfica too early and that if they will have him back he will go... clearly taken out of context but cba with players saying stupid shit now

Printed in the Daily Mail same paper that says we're losing our 2014 title plus the quotes are from Aug.

B.Silva signed for us from Monaco not Benfica so no harm done.

We're going to get hundreds and thousands of negative stories over the next few months.

Last edited:
Fazzakerley.
This statement by Khaldoon is what I've always relied on.
If we lose at CAS then the statement cannot be correct and the Club will have been let down.
I'm not convinced about us 'going after the process' rather than the actual facts surrounding the allegation @MillionMilesAway .
It's the facts of the allegation that are the primary issue.
The process is important but secondary.
What does 'going after the process' even mean?
CAS could decide the process was flawed but find that we were still 'guilty'.
CAS is not a court and the barrier to establishing 'guilt' is lower.
Unless the evidence of our innocence is conclusive CAS could decide UEFA's suspicions are sufficient to rule against us.
As @Damanino has stated, he feels that it's 50/50 at CAS and that has to concern us all.

We should be concerned because one of the bodies that regulates the competitions we take part in has designed rules specifically to prevent us from competing and is trying to hobble us.

However, we can afford the best legal representation available and have the funds to take the fight for true justice as far as it is possible to go. The issue is it may take years and success cannot be guaranteed but we are at least to borrow from Martin Samuel on the right side of the argument.

This isn't an argument and one which fans need to stop peddling because it won't hold up in our appeal.

The issue seems to be whether UEFA have the power to charge us for a previously agreed charge, one which has been settled and agreed.

We've clearly misled UEFA over where our finances have come from, but UEFA did agree to the settlement so its whether they are able to reopen this case.

(Or at least that seems to be my understanding)

how have we clearly misled them? Have you read our submissions?

I agree that CAS will not care about the leaks. That's not their job. But it is clear from City's statements that we are going all the way whatever CAS says. We have no choice but to take UEFA on head-on. This battle is about CFG posing a global threat to EUFA's position. No one would dispute that UEFA is a corrupt organisation. There is no point City co-operating with UEFA. Why would City send confidential business information to an organisation staffed by our political enemies and commercial rivals? And worse than that, an organisation that has been systematically leaking private information to our commercial rivals and a hostile media. We would be stupid to co-operate with UEFA.

This is completely correct. When UEFA bungled through an investigation to meet a deadline and wilfully ignored our submissions, the dialogue with City ended. The club was aghast at the lack of due diligence shown on the part of UEFA and made a conscious and well-deliberated decision not to engage with UEFA any further. This decision would not have been taken lightly and would have been the product of lengthy discussions with our legal team. Why dignify a corrupt process by cooperating further? So City decided to play the long game and ignored UEFA, knowing we'd get an impartial hearing eventually. This much is clear from UEFA's judgement which says we were uncooperative. In the meantime, Mr Ceferin is getting twitchy. He's attending our games and working for a plea bargain. "Not this time, sunshine. The CFCB has shown itself to be judge, jury and executioner and you've just interfered with a supposedly independent investigation. Stuff's getting leaked all over the show".

In short, we were right to not cooperate with an organisation that is a mouthpiece for our enemies. Sending over sensitive documents to people who can put it into the hands of those who have hacked us already would have been illogical.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.