UEFA FFP investigation - CAS decision to be announced Monday, 13th July 9.30am BST

What do you think will be the outcome of the CAS hearing?

• Two-year ban upheld

Votes: 197 13.1%
  • Ban reduced to one year

Votes: 422 28.2%
  • Ban overturned and City exonerated

Votes: 815 54.4%
  • Other

Votes: 65 4.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I see it completely the opposite way, by accepting a reduced punishment we are accepting guilt, which means we are accepting being called cheats. By fighting this in the courts, however long it takes, we can prove that we did NOT cheat.

If it gets proven the other way and we did cheat, then at least everything is transparent and open. We may have understood or interpreted certain rules in a different way, at least we'll know for future reference and be able to comply with the rules going forward.

I trust Mansour and Khaldoon, everything they have said so far they've done and more, we as fans have absolutely no right not to give them the benefit of the doubt and trust them until proven otherwise. UEFA's ruling is nothing more than UEFA's wish, they've been judge, jury and executioner in this process so far.

I see the argument but if we win we still lose. The reputational damage this has caused is not going away no matter what happens.

Always rags coming out with these comments 'what if, what if, what if'.

I genuinely think it stems from the fact that they choose to support United for glory, I didn't choose City, I was born in to it so whatever happens I'll enjoy the ride. If United were relagated they'd probably stop supporting them.

By Stone, the fat prick.
Stones is a first class coont,he was doing his usual reporting from the swamp early on in the season on the BBC web site and said the fans in full voice again with U-N-I-T-E-D the nursery rhyme song ending in why don't fack off home, unbelievable for a reporter we should ban the tw-t from City.

After the events of the last few days I cant help but think that City have made a huge strategic error. Apparently we were offered a way out of this with a technical breach and small fine. (Similar to the Fifa case). By refusing to negotiate it seems we have pushed UEFA to go nuclear with us.

Even if the ban is overturned by Cas this doesnt clear us and its my understanding we have to carry the fight on in Swiss courts(?).

Even if we are eventually cleared which is far from certain the reputational damage of the ban and potential future case with UEFA is enormous. Pretty much the whole footballing world has heard Manchester City are cheats for the last few days and will narative will continue and wont stop even if we win the case. It will turn to, 'well what did you expect when they can buy the bsst lawyers'

Wouldn't it have been sensible to take the fine and carry on as normal. Who would care apart from Johny from Liverpool on twitter.

By taking this risk we have potentially affected our ability to compete for the next 3 4 years but also will forever be known as cheats. We can all argue with internet warriors till we are blue in the face but the label will surely affect out ability to attract commercial sponsorship and grow our fan base in the developing football markets such as India, China and the US.

Sorry Frank but I disagree.

The club are insisting that they have done nothing wrong.

In the past they accepted an arrangement like you describe and UEFA have now gone back to that period and opened up the can of worms again.

If the club are right, then they have to stand up for their integrity.

If they accept another deal they are admitting guilt.

'PB's document' should be discussed by the football-finance experts. It's central to UEFA's case against City. Was the UAE sponsorship legitimate?
Agreed. However the media have pretty much across the board branded us cheats, grubby, liars, crazy fans, the list goes on. The document from PB certainly questions the legitamcy of what we think we are being charged with and that effectively shows the media as a whole to be biased liars and wrong. The bottom line is they will try and bury any evidence that shows them to be wrong about us.

I agree. No one wants this case thrown out and City cleared more than me, but there is a level of confidence on this thread that I find hard to share.
I don’t believe UEFA are as thick as they are being made out and I don’t trust CAS.
For all the so called experts on here, it’s funny that not one poster predicted the 2 year ban.

Not an expert on this by any means, but I posted this on Jan 2nd in the Pep thread. Now I'm not banging my own drum or anything because it was simply info passed onto me but as a result of what I was told, the news on Friday didn't come as a complete shock to me:

I don’t want to be seen to be piggy-backing on this, but I heard a very similar story about 10 days ago - not from anyone within the club but from someone who has decent contacts. The only difference was that it wasn’t a definite he would be leaving at the end of the season, but it could well happen, and Pochettino is the one they’re looking at if he does go. There was also some, shall we say, rather negative news about the FFP investigation, and talk of a 3 year ban but with 2 suspended. I found that one very difficult to believe as unless there is a smoking gun piece of evidence then City would never accept that in a million years and it’s off to CAS we go. Plus it goes against what Sam Lee was reporting not so long ago and he’s usually quite reliable with City info.

There is a level of confidence because 99.9% of people haven't got a fucking clue, they keep mentioning army of lawyers, and let the battle commence, they go on as if UEFA are using Noreen down the road coz she's good with words, UEFA obviously have something on us, we will see, and hopefully we can prove ourselves

Or maybe there's a level of confidence because UEFA have a history of losing at CAS?

UEFA must have had something on PSG to take them to CAS! Oh wait they got the case thrown out.

UEFA must have had something on Lyon to take them to CAS! Oh wait they got the case thrown out.

UEFA must have had something on AC Milan to take them to CAS! Oh wait, they rejected UEFA's ban and told the Adjudicatory board to make a sensible punishment.

One of the parties in this dispute has a long a storied history of overplaying its hand, over punishing clubs and getting slapped down by an independent panel (CAS). That party is not Manchester City.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.