UEFA FFP investigation - CAS decision to be announced Monday, 13th July 9.30am BST

What do you think will be the outcome of the CAS hearing?

• Two-year ban upheld

Votes: 197 13.1%
  • Ban reduced to one year

Votes: 422 28.2%
  • Ban overturned and City exonerated

Votes: 815 54.4%
  • Other

Votes: 65 4.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I've said this all along. It's perfectly proper for a business to seek to operate within a regulatory environment in such a way as to comply with the letter of the regulations in question while pursuing its own interests. If the relevant regulations have been deficiently drafted so as not to catch everything that the regulator wanted, that's the regulator's fault. It can't then go and impose sanctions based on what it wishes it had drafted.

Of course we'll see in due course when more information finds its way into the public domain, but I think there's at least some genuine chance that it will emerge that UEFA has done precisely this. Certainly, based on the evidence that's been made public so far, that possibility very definitely can't be excluded. And yet not a single journalist that I've seen so far has taken the point on board. Tells you all you need to know about their understanding of the issues and their good faith.

This.

It is perfectly legal for Big Businesses to circumvent rules, and regulations within the remit of the law.Big companies hire the best accountants to do just this for them.Apple,Amazon etc

If a third party with others interests at Heart, puts restrictive legislature in to place to try and limit growth.Then obviously you hire top accountants to find a legal work around.

I am not saying we have done this by the way.

I am just saying i will be amazed if our owners have done anything wrong other than hire a top firm of accountants that found a work around.

UEFA likely then threw their Toys out the Pram and had a temper tantrum because said accountants found a workaround.

I keep hearing we have broken rules...........what fucking rules ?

Circumventing rules is fundamentally different to breaking rules.

Only a idiot breaks rules.

Going to be interesting when what we are accused of hits the legal Courts.And other conflicts of interest are laid bare,too many to list,but lets start with the instigators of the Witch hunt Bayern Munich and their sponsors Audi,Volkswagen,Adidas,and their connection to UEFA.

A couple of thoughts occur.
1. Why are people assuming we won't argue the facts of the case at CAS? Surely we want to prove our innocence.
2. Khaldoon has been adamant we are innocent. This guy holds directorships not just in AD but all round the world. He has been decorated by UK, Italy and S.Korea. Would he risk all that with a lie?

There is a huge amount of wishful thinking in this thread I’d say.

In an ideal world we would win the CAS appeal on all points and the sanctions would be cancelled. We would then go to a court of law (Swiss court?) and again we would need to win comprehensively. Then any appeal by UEFA would have to be rejected and then we would pursue them for exemplary damages. This would result in FFP being dropped and possibly the end of UEFA in its current form.

How likely is any of that? Only the first part (CAS appeal) has much chance of success I reckon. The rest is wishful thinking unfortunately.

Nah, if it gets overturned we just carry on.
People have got short memories, murdering fans hasn’t hurt lfc long term, juventus came back from match fixing.
We’ll likely never be accepted into the inner circle, winning things is the best way to fight them.

Im as furious as everyone here and of course we did take the pinch and it came back to haunt us. I just cant see this ever subsiding. We will be questioned about this in 10 years. Its a huge story. Whereas a small fine would be done with in a month or so.

After the events of the last few days I cant help but think that City have made a huge strategic error. Apparently we were offered a way out of this with a technical breach and small fine. (Similar to the Fifa case). By refusing to negotiate it seems we have pushed UEFA to go nuclear with us.

Even if the ban is overturned by Cas this doesnt clear us and its my understanding we have to carry the fight on in Swiss courts(?).

Even if we are eventually cleared which is far from certain the reputational damage of the ban and potential future case with UEFA is enormous. Pretty much the whole footballing world has heard Manchester City are cheats for the last few days and will narative will continue and wont stop even if we win the case. It will turn to, 'well what did you expect when they can buy the bsst lawyers'

Wouldn't it have been sensible to take the fine and carry on as normal. Who would care apart from Johny from Liverpool on twitter.

By taking this risk we have potentially affected our ability to compete for the next 3 4 years but also will forever be known as cheats. We can all argue with internet warriors till we are blue in the face but the label will surely affect out ability to attract commercial sponsorship and grow our fan base in the developing football markets such as India, China and the US.

If we had accepted "offered a way out of this with a technical breach and small fine" This is something we did first time around and look where that got us
Then we still would have "forever be known as cheats"

We are very isolated at the moment. The media aren't interested in the facts. Slagging the club off and looking at points deductions, relegations, bans and retrospective points deductions is far more interesting.

Keep quiet. Win our case before the CAS.

Then turn things on UEFA. Sue them for damages, take them down in the courts, rip FFP to shreds and publicise the corruption in UEFA. Do it whilst winning the CL and unleashing a summer spending spree that shows how heavily backed and strong our club is.
It’s our ability to spend our way out of every situation that makes us so unpopular. In that sense we won’t win this case whichever way it goes.

Laterme/Qatar/G14/UEFA v City/Khaldoon/UAE.

Its become very personal for a few individuals this fight.

Yes and the geopolitical element of it wrt Qatar should not be underestimated. I would imagine the Saudi's that are looking at buying into Newcastle might be an ally in this but who knows.

I expect it will all come out

Juves fiat sponsorship which was substantially increased prior to the ronaldo deal.
Fiat which is owned by the Agnelli familly
The same Agnelli who is Juves president and whos sons godfather is supposardly Cefarin.

staggering....and that just shows the amount of leeway/bias the established UEFA cartel clubs have got over those clubs seeking to become successful

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.