UEFA FFP investigation - CAS decision to be announced Monday, 13th July 9.30am BST

What do you think will be the outcome of the CAS hearing?

• Two-year ban upheld

Votes: 197 13.1%
  • Ban reduced to one year

Votes: 422 28.2%
  • Ban overturned and City exonerated

Votes: 815 54.4%
  • Other

Votes: 65 4.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I see the argument but if we win we still lose. The reputational damage this has caused is not going away no matter what happens.
That's completely irrelevant, some of our own fans have allowed doubt to creep in, that's justification enough to prove we are NOT guilty.

UEFA, backed by other clubs and the media have an agenda which will continue to get pushed as long as we're a threat to the established elite. Proving ourselves NOT guilty in a legal court means they'll have to find anothe method of punishment, then another, then another... At some point the public get wise, just like they do with politics and start pushing back against the views forced upon them.

This.

It is perfectly legal for Big Businesses to circumvent rules, and regulations within the remit of the law.Big companies hire the best accountants to do just this for them.Apple,Amazon etc

If a third party with others interests at Heart, puts restrictive legislature in to place to try and limit growth.Then obviously you hire top accountants to find a legal work around.

I am not saying we have done this by the way.

I am just saying i will be amazed if our owners have done anything wrong other than hire a top firm of accountants that found a work around.

UEFA likely then threw their Toys out the Pram and had a temper tantrum because said accountants found a workaround.

I keep hearing we have broken rules...........what fucking rules ?

Circumventing rules is fundamentally different to breaking rules.

Only a idiot breaks rules.

Going to be interesting when what we are accused of hits the legal Courts.And other conflicts of interest are laid bare,too many to list,but lets start with the instigators of the Witch hunt Bayern Munich and their sponsors Audi,Volkswagen,Adidas,and their connection to UEFA.
Connection to uefa?

From Der-Spiegel leaked email analysis
"As we discussed, the annual direct obligation for Aabar is GBP 3 million," Pearce wrote. "The remaining 12 million GBP requirement will come from alternative sources provided by His Highness."

With just a single sentence, Pearce confirmed the accusations that his club had repeatedly, indignantly rejected: Namely, that His Highness, Sheikh Mansour, paid a portion of the sponsoring money himself!

Der-Spiegel have clearly assumed that His Highness is Sheikh Mansour

Pearce, highly experienced Abu Dhabi protocol, won's have made a simple mistake as BlueAnorak said above doing so leads to being bollocked
Simon Pearce works at senior levels throughout Abu Dhabi government and state owned businesses and would never make a mistake like that in a billion years.

So did Bayern PSG and Juventus but Uefa let them get away with what we have supposed to have done!

As I understand it, thereby setting a precedent as to the severity of sanctions they (UEFA) deem suitable, something CAS would take into account, they can't give Bayern, PSG and Juve a fine of 1 Euro, and then ban City for 2 years and fine them £25 million.

They have nailed their colours so strongly and firmly to the mast, i don't think there is any way back for them now.
And should we eventually be exonerated, it will no doubt be reported we "got off on a technicality", wankers !

Apparently the value of the sponsorship is not the issue, especially when considering the PSG deal.

The issue is the origin of the funds.
The UAE executive council. Their smear should really have just about run its course now. It should have ended with the UEFA hearing but the hawks just wouldn't back down.

It's going to be City who make the running now. We must be confident, otherwise we'd have settled with Ceferin (assuming the reporting was correct).

I may be the only one, but I am worried by this, and the potential impact on our club, and all the fist pumping delight about it in here seems a little misguided.

IF we lose in CAS and any other courts, we lose CL football for at least 2 years, potentially we lose our manager and top players (whatever WE think THEY want to be playing in the CL), we would also be bound to lose huge amounts of sponsorship revenue, all of which would take a lot more than 2 years to put right, and as we know the pl and uefa have put up barriers to entry against our wealth, which we thought we had just got in ahead of. We seem to think in here that uefa haven’t got a case against us, but we have said that before, and been wrong, and their lawyers aren’t all muppets, and have had a long time to decide whether they had a case or not - it’s a tad unrealistic to assume they definitely have nothing on us. As well as the financial implications there is a huge negative impact on our reputation, which the media cunnts have already kicked to fuck, undeservedly, and well before this weekend; my lads have had season tickets all their lives and were getting loads of shite all weekend from dipper and rag “fans” who have never been to a fucking game. I am also reading in here that we will fill the ground even if we were sent to league 2 - a lot of us will still go, but 54k? - just look in the match day thread to look at the mentality of a lot is our “fans”. I will still go come what may, as will my kids, but let’s not pretend all 54k are like that.

Like everyone else I hope we kick fuck out of uefa and the pl and all the behind the scenes cunnts who are lobbying against us, scum, dippers, spurs, Chelsea, arsenal, Bayern, real, barce, Milan, PSG, they all fucking hate us as we are a threat. But I am more in hope than expectation, it’s their cartels and their rules. 60 years of being a Blue has made me pessimistic, maybe realistic, but I don’t feel at all that this is more of an opportunity than a threat.

However come what may, FUCK THE CUNNTS AND CMON CITY, CTWD

Im as furious as everyone here and of course we did take the pinch and it came back to haunt us. I just cant see this ever subsiding. We will be questioned about this in 10 years. Its a huge story. Whereas a small fine would be done with in a month or so.
Hi Frank , we don't know whether the 'small fine' story is true, whether it was a serious offer or just UEFA flying a kite and exactly what the terms of the offer were.
There has been some speculation it might have been a trap.

Good article in NYT. If you register for free, you get access to several articles per month.
Manchester City Vows to Fight, Because Losing Is Unthinkable https://nyti.ms/2Sx20T3
That's another brilliant piece in the New York Times which puts the UK media to shame. I know some on here have criticised the NYT (and they have got some things wrong) but they seem to be the only news outlet which understands the bigger picture. Perhaps the US media has a better insight into the politics of sport and finance. A lot of the coverage in the English mainstream media has just been totally moronic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.