Var debate 2019/20

Not denying that the Maguire situation was completely surreal but it is not really better in other leagues. Recently Marcelo kicked Mbappé and didn't get a red, VAR didn't even call the referee.

Even that Lyon fan account is astonished by that other non penalty call by VAR and the referee :

Look at the foul :

Even when called by VAR to give the red card, the referee watched the whole thing and decided to upheld his decision and gave a yellow card.

There is a referee on our forum who said it is sometimes hard for VAR referees to call the main referee and tell him he is wrong. And main referee will sometimes refuse the correct call from VAR because of their ego.

I can believe it - arrogant sods .

Oh and incidentally, Anthony Taylor is from a family of United supporters - so no bias there obviously !

After seeing Taylor's match winning performance at the bridge the other night, you wonder when other fans will click what's going on.
Or are we just bitter?

The first picture is a clear penalty. Look at that block. Neither match ref or VAR reacted to it. I would have shown you other videos of instance of VAR not doing their job if i had some links to provide.

Not saying the Maguire stuff is acceptable. Just that referee and use of VAR are shit everywhere cuz the men are shit, biased, corrupt, etc. Not just in PL.

But would our shit corrupt biased wankers be less likely to be so obvious in another country away from the vested powers of pigmol PL red scum etc? In such an environment shouldn't they be inspired to do the best job they can and enhanced their own career prospects for chumnps league and international selection.

I think shit but impartial would be a huge upgrade personally.

The whole VAR situation stinks..!

Great idea, run appallingly in favour of cash cow clubs..

What I'd do is import European referees and independent VAR officials to oversee the Premier League games..

These people you would think would have next to no affiliation with the teams involved and would be neutral in their decision making..

Get rid of Mike Riley and disperse our so called referees throughout the European Leagues..

They would shit themselves.. Imagine Taylor reffing Athlectco Madrid like he reffed the other night at Stamford Bridge..

He'd be lynched..!

If we don't shake it up, it will only get worse..!

Last edited:
Just watching premier league years, 2013/14 and Sunderland have just beat Chelsea and mourinho having his post match interview congratulates Mike Riley for making the league interesting all season......who was top at that time? Liverpool.

Who won the league the year before? Utd..

Throw in scudamore saying they have a plan where a different team wins it every other year and bingo, jim'll fix it time.
And the new chairman of the prem or might have been scudamore again saying utd and Liverpool at the top is good for revenue around the world and it's another red flag.

Fixed as fuck, VAR just deflects the corruption at the FA and the premier league.

The whole VAR situation stinks..!

Great idea, run appallingly in favour of cash cow clubs..

What I'd do is import European referees and independent VAR officials to oversee the Premier League games..

These people you would think would have next to no affiliation with the teams involved and would be neutral in their decision making..

Get rid of Mike Riley and disperse our so called referees throughout the European Leagues..

They would shit themselves.. Imagine Taylor reffing Athlectco Madrid like he reffed the other night at Stamford Bridge..

He'd be linched..!

If we don't shake it up, it will only get worse..!

I think he is as far away doing this as he was when he got his first whistle. He had a European game last season, forget who it was, but yer could see that he would have been happy to blow after an hour for FT. He had made a complete bollocks of it, both teams seemed to be seething with the way he was arbitrating some of the decisions. It's a toss up who is more clueless - Taylor or Mason.

I think he is as far away doing this as he was when he got his first whistle. He had a European game last season, forget who it was, but yer could see that he would have been happy to blow after an hour for FT. He had made a complete bollocks of it, both teams seemed to be seething with the way he was arbitrating some of the decisions. It's a toss up who is more clueless - Taylor or Mason.

He's in England's top 2 Euro refs, and has done 4 CL matches so far this season (in six game weeks), including Juve-AM, and PSG-Real. He's clearly quite in favour at UEFA, and is at Sporting the EL this week.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.