UEFA FFP investigation - CAS decision to be announced Monday, 13th July 9.30am BST

What do you think will be the outcome of the CAS hearing?

• Two-year ban upheld

Votes: 197 13.1%
  • Ban reduced to one year

Votes: 422 28.2%
  • Ban overturned and City exonerated

Votes: 815 54.4%
  • Other

Votes: 65 4.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
It can’t be considered irrefutable if they refused to look at it.

They built, made and hung their entire case on stolen emails.

I would also like to see those emails.

The thing with an email, it’s all about context. It won’t prove a thing as long as the books say otherwise.

That UEFA were trying to broker a deal whilst putting their whole investigation on hacked emails, tells me they were shitting it.

I genuinely don’t think they expected us to say fuck off. They assumed we would take a deal.

The velocity of the punishment is akin to the reaction of a petulant teenager.

This is from a email I received from an employee of Manchester City in 2011

This email is from Manchester City Football Club, (Company Reg No. 40946).
Etihad Stadium, Etihad Campus, Manchester, M11 3FF

This e-mail and any attachments may be confidential and/or legally privileged information. If you are not the intended recipient, you must not use, copy, print or distribute this e-mail or attachments. If you have received it in error please notify the sender immediately and delete all copies of the message and any attachments. The view of the author may not necessarily reflect those of the Company. MCFC makes no representation or warranty as to the absence of viruses in this e-mail or any attachments.

I doubt that stolen hacked emails will be admissible and that rider if on the mail also precludes it

Interestingly all the stolen hacked emails that Der Spiegel published had the bottom half exclude

https://www.spiegel.de/sport/fussba...ostrecke-a293d1c1-0001-0002-0000-000000167278

One might have wished for a more supportive piece. He doesn't mention the corrupt change of rules which led to our first FFP sanction nor the US investigation cited by PB showing our sponsors support was not from SM.

Are u referring the change with respect to the toolkit. Does mention that. Many tweets in the thread , its there

The definitive thread as always from Swiss Ramble. Little or anything to argue with in the entire thing.

Would recommend all of u on this thread to read it. ( a bit late longish but worth it)

Agreed, this punishment comes at a time when we're actually getting our finances in a really strong position. Fines and 2 year bans not only damage us as club, but probably mean we fail future FFP measures unless we sell our best players.

I particulary like the part about our earning being affected by the co-efficient payment. We got 24m and United 31m despite missing a few seasons of CL (based on former glories)... if that isn't a cartel, I don't know what is. United for the record will have finished in the top 3 ONCE in the last 7 seasons. Yet they are probably getting enough payments from a UEFA pot that keeps the likes of Everton, Spurs, Sheffield, Wolves at arms length.

Are u referring the change with respect to the toolkit. Does mention that. Many tweets in the thread , its there

I agree - he mentions it specifically.

SwissRamble isn't likely to get into the politics directly - he's very good at the economics/numbers side of things, and lays out comparative examples. Seems quite reasonable.

So basically, they found us guilty because they "wanted" to find us guilty.
They couldn't get the info they (and other interested parties) wanted, so stated we didn't cooperate.
Penalise us knowing we would have to release sensitive information for our defence.
Whatever happens they know full well it damages us now and in the future.
This all in the knowledge that when we are cleared of any wrongdoing, they won't face ANY sanctions.
Seems like a fair system...

One question, how do you prove beyond doubt the hacked emails are genuine and unedited to use in an enquiry or court case?

Last edited:
Agreed, this punishment comes at a time when we're actually getting our finances in a really strong position. Fines and 2 year bans not only damage us as club, but probably mean we fail future FFP measures unless we sell our best players.

I particulary like the part about our earning being affected by the co-efficient payment. We got 24m and United 31m despite missing a few seasons of CL (based on former glories)... if that isn't a cartel, I don't know what is. United for the record will have finished in the top 3 ONCE in the last 7 seasons. Yet they are probably getting enough payments from a UEFA pot that keeps the likes of Everton, Spurs, Sheffield, Wolves at arms length.

Just to be clear, that's only one part of the payment from UEFA TV money.
It's complicated.
From memory (and this can definitely be written more clearly!). 30% of CL TV income is now split based on a 10 year record, with title-winning coefficients on top. Utd have to be in the CL group stage to benefit from CL money (but there is a lesser EL version, and they got lots of ranking points for winning the EL), and have 2 CL wins in the most highly rated period. City have a solitary 1 coefficient point from winning the CWC a long time ago. Utd are about 6th overall on the 'history' points bonus - Real Madrid are obviously top.

Additionally, one chunk is split 40/30/20/10% to the top 4. Then there is 'prize' money for progress/wins. I think these are separate and coefficient-free.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.