Carabao Cup Final Post-Match Thread

Villa are one of the ‘istree clubs.
Their ‘istree is actually more historic than the usual red ‘istree uspects, but it’s still living on past glory and the nauseating entitlement they believe

Foden was superb, that control after Zinchenkos long ball was amazing. Shame we still couldn't finish a bit better. I saw a few empty seats in small blocks in the city end. I do feel it is a shame that some City fans cant be bothered to go to Wembley, it's still a cup final and a place where we could only dream about for decades. There was also a small block of empty seats in the villa end so it wasn't just City. Wembley security is as poor as ever. Daughter had a plastic bag confiscated and when asked why as it was pretty small was told it could be used to suffocate a villa fan!!! Lol. Then at the turnstiles they were confiscating a young lads ,probably about 7 yrs old, sandwiches. Presumably so his Dad had to buy Wembley overpriced crap. Agree with most the villa fans were overall petty gobshites, aside from a nice family we met on HMS Belfast. Still a great day out.

I can totally understand why people don’t bother.

We have been loads and doing the same thing too many times of course the novelty wears off. it is human nature.

The area around Wembley is horrid.

As are the pubs.

The biggest issue for me is getting away.

I know loads who took 6 and 7 hours to get home last night. That is brutal. Especially if in work today.

Plus the knobheads in our support don’t help.

100 percent next time we get there I will be watching on tv with a glass of wine.

You would have to be borderline mad to go down there for a charity shield.

Get the fuck in.

And credit to Stones, he made a bad mistake but came back to absolutely boss the second half. Lost count of the number of clearances he made in the final 15 minutes.

The measure of a man is how he reacts to his mistakes.

I also hope people can now see Rodri’s class — he was absolutely everywhere today.

EDIT: Also, how fucking good is Foden? Did his part to win us more silverware.
We were 5 rows from the front near half way line. Foden was immaculate. Head and shoulders the best English midfielder. Pair him with Grealish for England.

someone best have a word with @Bill who clearly has an issue with our most successful manager
not just Pep,although he,s the worst offender. i said the same about Bobby and Pellers. you play your best 11, you get the game won, THEN you make changes. its a basic football strategy . why the hell give opponents a lift. dont forget we are City, we dont have to beat just a team we have be good enough to overcome bent refs and VAR. i get they cant all play every game but come on, 8 changes for a cup is taking the piss,and what he did.took the piss out of Villa and our travelling support, they paid a fortune to watch a reserve side,a good one but a reserve one all the same.

by the way i'm pretty sure not many on here have ever kicked a ball in their lives.

not just Pep,although he,s the worst offender. i said the same about Bobby and Pellers. you play your best 11, you get the game won, THEN you make changes. its a basic football strategy . why the hell give opponents a lift. dont forget we are City, we dont have to beat just a team we have be good enough to overcome bent refs and VAR. i get they cant all play every game but come on, 8 changes for a cup is taking the piss,and what he did.took the piss out of Villa and our travelling support, they paid a fortune to watch a reserve side,a good one but a reserve one all the same.

by the way i'm pretty sure not many on here have ever kicked a ball in their lives.

I am not in total disagreement bill but very hard to criticise someone who has won 8 of the last 9 domestic trophies. His rotation seems to work.

We were 5 rows from the front near half way line. Foden was immaculate. Head and shoulders the best English midfielder. Pair him with Grealish for England.

I like Grealish as a player and I agree, he should be playing for England. That was another game where we shut him down and got hil isolated. Hes overdue the step up to the next level either here or abroad. Unfortunately I cant see him fitting our system.

I can totally understand why people don’t bother.

We have been loads and doing the same thing too many times of course the novelty wears off. it is human nature.

The area around Wembley is horrid.

As are the pubs.

The biggest issue for me is getting away.

I know loads who took 6 and 7 hours to get home last night. That is brutal. Especially if in work today.

Plus the knobheads in our support don’t help.

100 percent next time we get there I will be watching on tv with a glass of wine.

You would have to be borderline mad to go down there for a charity shield.

I understand the reasons, the main one is we have been down so many times and so it just isn't as special as it was 10 years ago. Plus the cost we spent over £400 on tickets , travel and food yesterday. That isn't cheap. But its still City in a cup final. Agree having the charity shield there is a joke especially when it's two northern clubs.

Villa really are a small time bunch of fans and they will feel perfectly at home in the Championship next season.

On the other hand, I thought we were a bit genteel yesterday and there was more polite applause than raw emotion.

The main thing is we won and now I’m preparing for a leisurely drive home starting around 10.

We are so blessed.

Sitting their yesterday I was watching Aguero Silva fern and thinking of zabba and komps cheering us on.
How blessed have we been to be able to watch players like this playing for our football club, we have the best and I mean this the best owners in the world who have completely improved the area around the ethiad given the council money to invest in housing paid for the metro link around the stadium and acted with great dignity despite all the obstacles being put in their way, what a team, manager and what a stadium these wonderful people have provided for us, who without them none of this would have been possible

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.