COVID-19 — Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
No it's not, answer the question.

its without a doubt that this virus has spread from its original source due to people travelling.

if China had got a clamp down on this, we perhaps wouldn't see the mess we are having now.

I'm due to go away in a few months, I won't be going it seems, Am i annoyed? Not really i would rather I'm healthy and those who are going with me and around me.

@blueinsa and @Churchlawtonblue and @Gelsons Dad

Look at Italy right now. Stats:

Known cases: 10,149
Recovered: 1,004
Dead: 631
Active: 8514

Death rate (assuming 100% of those 8514 recover, which is hardly likely): 631/10,149 = 6.2%

We *hope* that there are another 50,000 people who are infected but not in the system, and we hope that all of them will recover as well. If that is true then the death rate may "only" be 1%. 631/60,000 = 1%.

Your assumption on the "vast majority" is exactly that, an assumption.

the evidence isn't panning out for that assumption however.

https://www.vox.com/2020/3/2/21161067/coronavirus-covid19-china

Bruce Aylward, from the WHO who headed up the china operation.

So in UK terms, using the above median figure (30%) of population plus the lesser Italian rate of severe medical need (10%) that equates to 22,000,000 infected and therefore 2,200,000 needing hospitalisation?

@blueinsa and @Churchlawtonblue and @Gelsons Dad

Look at Italy right now. Stats:

Known cases: 10,149
Recovered: 1,004
Dead: 631
Active: 8514

Death rate (assuming 100% of those 8514 recover, which is hardly likely): 631/10,149 = 6.2%

We *hope* that there are another 50,000 people who are infected but not in the system, and we hope that all of them will recover as well. If that is true then the death rate may "only" be 1%. 631/60,000 = 1%.

That's Italy though and there are countries with much lower death rates.

For those hoping that warm weather will kill it, Bahrain saw the biggest growth today of around 40%. Most countries that have not had draconian restrictions in movement are at around 20% +/-10 growth. China's at 0.04%.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.