The FTSE

Was there a big drop today?
I put £2500 in a low risk wealthsimple account a month ago and have lost over £100 (lot of that today).

It would be bad to panic and take it all out now, right?

The 0.5% interest rate drop will help me cos I have an interest only mortgage which tracks the base rate. Bad news though is my stocks/shares ISA will have lost value and this is what I'd hope would pay off the loan. I've got 10yrs left on a 25yr mortgage and I've only saved a third of what I need. Dang.

The 0.5% interest rate drop will help me cos I have an interest only mortgage which tracks the base rate. Bad news though is my stocks/shares ISA will have lost value and this is what I'd hope would pay off the loan. I've got 10yrs left on a 25yr mortgage and I've only saved a third of what I need. Dang.
Once we have some certainty in the outcome of this crisis, share prices will recover strongly in my opinion. As long as we don't go straight into Brexit trade uncertainty straight afterwards.

The stock market has now crashed 30% in less than 3 weeks. To put that in context, it took 5 months for that to happen in the global financial crisis. The crash is of the same order of magnitude as Black Monday in 1987 and there’s no sign it’s over.

The stock market has now crashed 30% in less than 3 weeks. To put that in context, it took 5 months for that to happen in the global financial crisis. The crash is of the same order of magnitude as Black Monday in 1987 and there’s no sign it’s over.

It's a perfect storm. They were well overpriced at the turn of the year. Add to that the already low interest rates and ongoing QE and there is little in the tank to throw at the problem.

If it’s not a stupid question, is there any reason why the stock market shouldn’t be suspended to limit further damage?

Was there a big drop today?
I put £2500 in a low risk wealthsimple account a month ago and have lost over £100 (lot of that today).

It would be bad to panic and take it all out now, right?

When you originally put it in, when were you planning take it out?

I'm way down over the last few weeks, but I'm planning on using the money I've invested years from now. I'm not concerned by the short term as I confident when I come to take it out it'll be up. Personally, times like now I'm topping up my investment.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.