Coronavirus: Football Discussion Thread

Government announcing that they haven't banned sporting fixtures as there is no scientific data that supports it.

Think the players and clubs will have the final say though.
they are thinking 90 mins and not people packed onto public transport there and back that they could stopand i beg to differ with that advice!

I just heard a gov't advisor say mass gatherings aren't a problem, your more likely to become infected only from close contact, I just hope the people sat next to me at these mass gatherings don't pass it on. Would all those attending the Burnley game please give me a metre clearance. Much appreciated.

What happened to the post this morning that said all PL games would be behind closed doors and that it would be announced today? Was it in The Times??

Pretty much everyone else is postponing large gathering and sporting events, so we reckon will give a week or two to see just how many can get infected before doing the same? Greeeaaaat

Please listen to the statement in full, we are controlling this better than Italy, France and many others.

We are 4 weeks behind Italy due to this, the authorities are doing the right thing here and will continue to. They are managing this the best way according to the scientific advice - including behavioural science.

This is a key point - we don’t want to kick things in too early and have to maintain it for much much longer than we really have to.

More action will slowly be taken at the right time to minimise impact, both on society AND economically, take school closures - if they were closed today the burden of childcare would be place on grandparents and the elderly in the first place which isn’t good.

School closures, event cancellations etc will happen as and when required. The timelines are understood and plans in place and communicated throughout government departments already, that much is clear.

It’s not just keep calm and carry on, it’s keep calm and manage the f#*k out of this.

Flatten the infection rate profile and allow the NHS time to be able to deal with this.

It is a recipe for disaster. Packed trams, trains, buses, forecourts, what could possibly go wrong?

True, but most of that is the same for people going to the shops in town. I’m happy for Saturday’s game to be postponed but if that’s going to happen the decision should be made today. The Authorities and the Clubs have enough information not to leave these decisions to the last minute.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.