Will Covid change the world

I can see a huge recession after all of this blows over. Huge job losses are inevitable. Ryanair, EasyJet, BA, Virgin are all facing bankruptcy in a matter of weeks resulting in hundreds of thousands of jobs potentially. We are in for some rough times!
But when there is a recession l8e that usually other companies take over, but there won’t be any, I think there will have to be a rethink by banks etc, all the money that is owned is in the cloud it doesn’t exist, if they call in loans who does it be benefit maybe they will get a do over as this is global and benefits no one, after it clears people will still want holidays.

Hopefully it changes individual’s and business’ hygiene levels.

Hopefully it changes people’s attitudes to listening to medical advice and not just thinking; “Ah sod it, I’ll chance it, I’ll be alright” when they’re showing symptoms.

Hopefully religious nutters around the world realise that licking shrines is fucking stupid!

Hopefully it is used as a trial run for when something really bad gets out one day (imagine something with the death rate of bird flu and the transmission rate of chicken pox getting out one day...) so that when it does (and it will) we are as best prepared as we can be.

Trump’s phrase when referring to closing the Pandemic Dept of* ‘I don’t want 1000s of people around when I don’t need them’ sums the world up - profit over ‘just in case’

Hopefully humanity will become the priority. However, I don’t think it will. We are already being groomed to the point where ‘it’s only the old that will die’ then soon it will be only the poor, only the disabled, only the economically inactive etc. I hope I’m wrong, but I don’t think I am

*he later denied any knowledge of closing the department but that’s by the by

I can see a huge recession after all of this blows over. Huge job losses are inevitable. Ryanair, EasyJet, BA, Virgin are all facing bankruptcy in a matter of weeks resulting in hundreds of thousands of jobs potentially. We are in for some rough times!
Interesting to note that China is already picking up productivity and getting back on track, hmmm

hopefully it will change how UK spends wealth - my mrs and friends work for NHS and been on its knees for last 15 years.....social care is a joke and UK thinks private companies will sort frail and vulnerable - but care homes closing - child care is a joke and most expensive in world and as for internet and broadband to help people work at home it is 3rd world......BUT UK like to spend on wars, trident,nuclear weapons, £3.5 Billion on a new aircraft carrier.....the rich and powerful get richer and tax relief to buy super boats......TIME UK WOKE UP AND SPENT OUR TAXES ON THINGS THAT MATTER MOST AND TO IMPROVE OUR OVERALL LIFE QUALITY......SO HOPEFULLY THIS VIRUS WILL BE A WAKE UP CALL....BUT I DOUBT IT....

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.