Will Covid change the world

It is pretty much unprecedented all of this so at this stage it’s hard to tell. My gut feeling is it will have a terrible effect on the global economy and this will impact many many people.
From a purely economic view, the consequences are going to be catastrophic. So many industries are going to be affected in a major way. Sadly, this is almost the least of our concerns.

It is pretty much unprecedented all of this so at this stage it’s hard to tell. My gut feeling is it will have a terrible effect on the global economy and this will impact many many people.
We are always told to invest our money.... Not stick it in a bank on a shit rate of interest.... Right now those investment portfolios dont look too good.....

Went in the pub before and saw a bloke 80+, sat in the corner, full suit and tie, pint of Guinness by himself.

I don’t think anyone could talk him out of it if they tried. There’s a certain amount of pride in our culture you can’t irradiate by anything.

In answer to the thread title, I think the answer is yes.
Whilst it will be economically catastrophic with transport providers and vehicle manufacturers bearing the brunt of reduced travel, in the long run it could introduce a step change in the amount of travelling we do which should help to achieve carbon emission goals earlier than expected. Ultimately this would benefit the planet but we’ll have to go through a lot of pain and hardship to get there.

No within no time at all it will be back to .....

3TDn0UW.jpg

I can see a huge recession after all of this blows over. Huge job losses are inevitable. Ryanair, EasyJet, BA, Virgin are all facing bankruptcy in a matter of weeks resulting in hundreds of thousands of jobs potentially. We are in for some rough times!

Went in the pub before and saw a bloke 80+, sat in the corner, full suit and tie, pint of Guinness by himself.

I don’t think anyone could talk him out of it if they tried. There’s a certain amount of pride in our culture you can’t irradiate by anything.
I think our old folk have been there and done it hard times wise,i think if i was in my 80's i would rather carry on with life and enjoy my time in the pub even if it is shorter time than i was expecting

Apart from said 80+ year old bloke who will potentially die from his actions.

That pride will be irradiated by him and similar others being struck down by Covid19, leaving culture to younger generations like you and I.

I can see a huge recession after all of this blows over. Huge job losses are inevitable. Ryanair, EasyJet, BA, Virgin are all facing bankruptcy in a matter of weeks resulting in hundreds of thousands of jobs potentially. We are in for some rough times!
Throw in the eating out, pubs and entertainment industries. Many many will go under within weeks. Makes me wonder if this isn't much more serious than the authorities are letting on.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.