Remembering Yaya!

Truth is ‘when in the mood’ lasted 3 or 4 seasons. Let’s not rewrite history.

Game changer = Yaya

He wasn’t in the mood for 3 or 4 season. He had one amazing season, then a few years at a good level with some huge moments involved. He certainly was a game changer though, one of a kind “when in the mood”

Astonishing goal.

12880834314_cc6935fda4_o.gif

You can see the fans behind the goal didn't think it was going in as no-one reacted until it did.

I remember groaning when he hit is as it seemed to be aimlessly going behind for a goal kick..

Robbed of player of the season.

Probably the best performing season by any player I've seen at our wonderful club what an absolute beast Yaya Toure was.

As good as he was Suarez was also unreal that season so it was far from a robbery

Truth is 'when in the mood' happened, his biggest fanboy has said it, twice.

I've never heard that about Kompany, Zabaleta, Silva, Aguero or Fernandinho strangely. Attitude and hardwork should be the bare minimum expected, sadly it wasn't with Toure, as you quite rightly say. Hence the 50/50 split of fans, even away from the off field activities.

Firstly, are you of school age? ‘Biggest fan boy’....grow up.

Whenever he was at his peak he was unplayable for a consistent amount of seasons (not little purple patches like some) hence his legend status.

He dragged us over the line to end the 35 year trophyless seasons amongst many many other moments.

Not one of the other players you mention has had such a monumental impact on regular basis to the level of Yaya.

Much as I like the other players, in words of our esteemed captain ‘whatever the question Yaya was the answer’.

Who are we to disagree with Kompany?

For his misdemeanours, yes he should be vilified but it shouldn’t take away from his contribution on the pitch.

He wasn’t in the mood for 3 or 4 season. He had one amazing season, then a few years at a good level with some huge moments involved. He certainly was a game changer though, one of a kind “when in the mood”

I simply don’t agree, complete nonsense.

He had 3 or 4 fabulous seasons with one sublime one.

It’s all about opinions though eh?

No player is a legend at 25/26?? Says who?
Speak to Bury fc Fans ..ask them if Colin Bell is a club legend..you know the 19yr old teenager who captained their team before signing for City in1966 ,.( bury were relegated the season after he left so the teenager clearly left a void)
And fwiw..i think Phil Foden ..is already a City legend,for his amazing talent,honours won,amd the achievement of a local lad making First team football at City from the academy......Yaya at City,Bell at Bury and City ,Foden at City..all Legends....in my book.
All about opinions tho ;)
That's disrespectful in the extreme to the true legends. I'd love to understand why you think a 19 year old Phil Foden could possibly be classed as a legend? I think Phil Foden would be embarrassed by the thought as a City fan himself, growing up watching players like Kompany, Aguero, Silva etc...

I simply don’t agree, complete nonsense.

He had 3 or 4 fabulous seasons with one sublime one.

It’s all about opinions though eh?
Please elaborate on these 3-4 seasons, I'd love to understand which seasons specifically. The 20 goal season, yes absolutely no problem, I'm struggling to name any others.

He was AWOL in a large proportion of games; Barry/De Jong and later Fernandinho had to be monsters to compensate for Toure's lack of desire to do the dirty work (just like Ndombele at Spurs now). Talent is irrelevant, look at De Bruyne, just as good if not better than Toure AND he does the hard graft too.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.