The idiocy (and selfishness) of panic buying

They are even stealing it from food bank trollies at a tesco shop.The veneer on civilisation is very fragile,a lot of selfish folk around.

Are people still stockpiling? Isn’t it now more a case of people topping up supplies more often than usual?

A lot more stuff on the shelves at Tesco Leigh than two days ago, still no bog roll though. Went cos Y11 daughter wanted to get something non uniform for her last day tomorrow. Maybe if they carry on with the max 2 per person then in a few days this stockpiling will be done with.

I have just last night emailed my council to ask if they are putting together a volunteer scheme and if I could be involved in that in a logistical capacity (It's what I do) I have as yet heard nothing back but hopefully they'll respond in the 3 day period stated on their website.

The way some people have been steam-rolled and left with next to nothing is disgraceful and we as a society need to start thinking about the isolated vulnerable not just the vulnerable within our own families.
Thank you for
your reply and your generosity on offering your time to help others.
As for myself l decided to makea quick visit to a big Morrisons at 8.30. A large number had gathered before 8am and without any over buying had stripped the milk beans toilet roll and other shelves. I was shaking my head viewing the tissues shelves and a kind lady offered to split her 4 rolls and give me two. I was ok for them but touched by her gesture. At the till an old boy was paying for his few bits and pieces. He was delighted he had managed to get a pack of 4 bog rolls. The only ones he could get and were coconut 'flavour'.
No overbuying but many older people anxious to get their small and reasonable needs. It was good to see people playing fair but l felt that it was sad that they and l had to run the gauntlet because the home deliveries are not sorted.

Rather go without milk before the long life one, even on holidays I'd rather give it a miss.
If you find any proper milk you can freeze it,online shopping is including milk

I have everything i need now except for my medications,the surgery is strugglung to get those done. I have set up some neighbours with online shopping,one of my elderly neighbours was crying to me down the phone,i was desperate to go round and give her a hug,lack of human contact is a huge problem already,i went and put some chocolate biscuits through the door and promised her a massive hug as soon as i find out if i am immune now or not,getting that answer is proving hard

Last edited:
I am fucking ashamed of this country.

When this is all done, I'm off.

I went to Sainsbury's in Sale this morning to get a birthday cake and pizza for my little girl's ninth birthday this weekend (had to cancel her party)

Everything, and I mean everything, was basically stripped from the shelves (it was 9am)

Fresh, non perishable, it was pretty much gone.

There was an elderly lady about 80-odd and she was having a panic attack right in the middle aisle. Nothing in her trolley and was tearing up when I went to see if she was okay?

She had wanted long-life milk and some toilet roll because she had none.

I told her to stay put and I would try and find a staff member to see if they had any in the stores being kept behind on the QT.

Nothing.

When I got back to the aisle, someone had taken the pizza out of my trolley.

The elderly woman was really apologetic.

She had nothing to apologise for.

Shouldn't even be going out.

Shameful.
It doesnt seem right to 'like' your post. In fact l hate it that you have had to witness and inform us about it.

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.