COVID-19 — Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
This Morning with a segment right now called “Escape self-isolation with David Domoney” with him encouraging people to get out and enjoy the arrival of spring.

Is this for real?? Self isolation is not meant for being escaped from. It’s isolation.

“if you’re looking for things to do out and about so you’re not just inside...”

With Eamon and Ruth endorsing it.

Fucking hell.

squirty will be legging it to his defence. Social distancing right there. Contradictions daily.

I'm fucked if I know the answer for London. Social distancing is much more difficult to practice there when you see things like that. People still need to get to and from work even during a lockdown and the underground is by far the most practical way of moving around London - and the only viable option for many workers - but the tube is a breeding ground for it for sure. If the government goes for a strict lockdown, they can't tell every company in the country to shut as well because that will screw the economy way more than it is at the moment.

Outside of London it's not as bad - coming home from work last night it was eerily quiet and I'd guess there was 80%-90% less traffic on the road than normal, but I'm guessing public transport will still be quite busy. I don't drive and normally get a lift to and from work but on Monday the guy who normally gives me a lift is off so I'm having to use the bus. I'm hoping it won't be too busy.

This Morning with a segment right now called “Escape self-isolation with David Domoney” with him encouraging people to get out and enjoy the arrival of spring.

Is this for real?? Self isolation is not meant for being escaped from. It’s isolation.

Fucking hell.
Only this morning i was told of someone who works for Tesco who is feeling ill, temperature, coughing etc but "Well I am not too bad, so I will still be going to work". YCNMIU.

Been about 8 times in the last two years always stay at hotel Gran Playa and have a visit to Elche another good trip,in our holiday home in Norfolk at the moment bit different but away from the crowds.
I've been loads of times, the daughter has a house about 20 minutes away, only for days out, but
it's a great place with a lovely harbour, Elche is another, great little city and the weather certainly helps!

Fucking hell.

I really do not know what to make of this. I hope we are not going to pay an incredibly high price for pissing about. I fear way may.

Spain's new cases are massively down if the figures on worldometer are correct. they have it as 1,903 when it was 3,308 yesterday.

I hope that that is genuine. That would be the first sign of it braking but it might not be accurate.

It's only one day's data and could end up being wrong but at the moment they are showing a big fall in the number of new cases which is exactly what everyone is looking for. If its true, expect the media to pick up on it.
Not sure what procedure Spain follows when declaring figures but other countries - including the UK - aren't always announcing them all in one go each day. Hopefully that's Spain's final figure for today
Very much doubt it’s the final figure unfortunately.
The USA rate of growth is now the fastest. Remains to be seen whether they will manage to slow the rate. Our growth rate doesn’t look good either.

My mate who saw the video said they certainly went to town on them.
On a side note I think this will be the problem in England with a lockdown.
No respect for the police here they are very active
Even Guardia Civil these days are initially very polite but woe betide.anyone mistaking that for weakness.

Got done for speeding a couple of months ago and didn't even want my insurance docs just my driving licence. They already had my name, address,. insurance etc. so Spanish Licence completed things. I was polite and apologetic so he halved my fine and printed off an invoice for said fine payable at the Post Office with all my details in it.
Seems the days of cash only have gone because all fines in our area now go to fund police anyway via local council.

I've been loads of times, the daughter has a house about 20 minutes away, only for days out, but
it's a great place with a lovely harbour, Elche is another, great little city and the weather certainly helps!

The weather has been shit for the last few days but we can't go out anyway.
As of 10 pm tonight is will be seven days it really is hitting home how serious this is

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.