COVID-19 — Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is where i am,i have no idea if i am immune now so i can't go next door and give ny elderly neighbour a hug and she really needs one badly

Yes, lots of proponents of the herd immunity strategy (which I am not dismissing out of hand) have remained quiet when this issue is brought up. Naturally nobody knows too well at this stage what level of immunity we have and for what time frame and I would assume that scientists are analysing this as we speak with recovered patients but surely if this is a fundamental requirement for that strategy to work it needs to be discussed in greater detail; otherwise the UK are pursuing a policy with no guaranty that it actually works versus lockdown/heavy shutdown which at least we know does work (for the short term at least).

Other posters are also suggesting that you can go back to work once you have antibodies - not sure that's going to catch on without some science behind it.

It’s 12 months of social distancing: 2metres away from each other, no touching, washing hands regularly, isolating if you show symptoms... not 12 months of lockdown!
This COVID-19 thing;
2 metres apart
No Hugging
No Kissing
No Social Interaction

It's like being married with a cough.

The bigger players in the hospitality sector are getting more than a little pissed off now.

I think sector lockdown for this is going to come today or tomorrow.

I know a few people in the game and they have been told their companies are ‘preparing for closure within 48 hours’.

This should have happened days ago.

The bigger players in the hospitality sector are getting more than a little pissed off now.

I think sector lockdown for this is going to come today or tomorrow.

I know a few people in the game and they have been told their companies are ‘preparing for closure within 48 hours’.

This should have happened days ago.

I have a sneaky feeling the government are going to try and get past Mother’s Day. I.e one last big earner

Some silly cow on Twitter was going on at me for having fell for all the ‘scaremongering’. She said 95% of people recover. It seems to be lost on her that using her own numbers 5% of people don’t!

A 5% mortality rate of a highly infectious virus will catastrophic. That’s before you get into those that recover but need hospital treatment - it’s not scaremongering, it’s just maths and paying attention. 10 days ago this women didn’t think it would effect football!
I blame Maths teachers. She clearly doesn’t understand the significance of 5% on a very large number.
Perhaps 5% is the amount of brain power she uses daily.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.