COVID-19 — Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
yes. I just came back to edit my post to say the same thing. You are spot on. Something like that could twist the results.

This is the type of analysis we need rather than the atories the BBC pumps out about deaths. it might be shocking, and important but I would like to know how close the European epidemics are to turning. I think they are close.

It’s the only way to get people to isolate unfortunately

Please let this be a genuine trend. Everyone needs the boost.
I know. I am guilty of looking for it, and Uffa make a good point that it relies on the new cases being determined in the same way and not a statistical effect of different testing.

I'll have a go at Spain's data too and edit this post when I've done it

Edit: For spain

18/03, 2943/1884 = 1.56
19/03, 3308/2943 = 1.12
20/03, 3494/3308 = 1.06
21/03, 3803/3494 = 1.09

To be honest you get a better assessment just by looking at the curve of new cases then you see it in its totality. I just like the fact that the figures were approaching 1 and I could show that.

They wobble around a lot.

Fingers crossed that they move the right way tomorrow. I would very much like some good news too so we know this is going to be over in a reasonable period and so that people in Italy and Spain do not suffer too much more.

Last edited:
Still no delivery slots available on tesco, waitrose, booth's, asda, morrisons with the village shops all being sold out due to the high functioning wonderful people panic buying everything. Just walked to every shop in the village after some bread, not even crap bread available, literally nothing on the shelf.

I hope the panic buying types are content with their 200 bog rolls, 50 litres of milk and metric ton of bread. They should all be tagged Inglourious Basterds style.
I can sell you some milk bread and loo roll ?:)

I know. I am guilty of looking for it, and Uffa make a good point that it relies on the new cases being determined in the same way and not a statistical effect of different testing.

I'll have a go at Spain's data too and edit this post when I've done it
Hey thanks for this Marvin. Which ever way this goes its good to see empirical evidence being used to actually inform us what's going on

More than 5,000 people in the UK have now been infected with coronavirus.

It comes as the number of COVID-19-related deaths has risen to 233 after 53 more fatalities were announced in England.

NHS England said the patients who died were aged between 41 and 94 and all had underlying health conditions.

Wales's number of dead has risen to five, Scotland's now stands at seven and Northern Ireland's remains at one.

In the UK, there has been a rise of 1,035 confirmed cases in a day to 5,018.

London continues to represent more than a third of all UK deaths - an increase of 19 on Saturday, eight of which were at one hospital trust, London North West Healthcare NHS Trust.

The capital now has 90 deaths, followed by 42 in the South East, 32 in the West Midlands, 19 in the North West, 12 in the South West, nine in the East Midlands, eight in Yorkshire and the Humber and four in the North East.

Apparently one of the common symptoms is greatly reduced sense of smell and taste. I just found out about this important symptom yesterday and yet I’ve spent an inordinate amount of time scouring the news. This is one of the first symptoms I’ve heard of that is not also common to other viruses, infections, and allergies that are prevalent this time of year. I wonder why it’s not being publicized more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.