COVID-19 — Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
Had a quick look at the legislation around closures that was enacted at 2pm today, The Health Protection (Coronavirus Business Closure) (England) Regulations 2020.

Pubs, bars, restaurants, theatres, cinemas and nightclubs the most obvious categories. Spas and massage parlours also in there!

Summary powers, and therefore swift justice, but only punishable by way of an unlimited fine. That surprised me. Guess they don’t want to be locking people up if they can avoid it.

Apparently one of the common symptoms is greatly reduced sense of smell and taste. I just found out about this important symptom yesterday and yet I’ve spent an inordinate amount of time scouring the news. This is one of the first symptoms I’ve heard of that is not also common to other viruses, infections, and allergies that are prevalent this time of year. I wonder why it’s not being publicized more.

It’s the test they are using on nhs staff, a spray that if you can smell and or taste means you’re fit to work on the corona virus ward

National Trust to close parks from midnight

NEWS: Delighted that 4,000 nurses and 500 doctors have signed up to return to the NHS in the first 48 hours of our call. Brilliant support in our national effort tackling #coronavirus pic.twitter.com/8IPJE1Pj6g

— Matt Hancock (@MattHancock) March 21, 2020

Flights into New York City airports and Philadelphia temporarily suspended

Puerto Rico confirms first death

Puerto Rico says a passenger on the Costa Luminosa cruise ship has become the first person in the US territory to die after contracting coronavirus.

Georgia declares one-month emergency situation

Italy deaths increase by 793 in a day

Pret says it is temporarily closing all of its UK shops from tonight

Guatemala orders curfew

https://news.sky.com/story/coronavirus-89-new-cases-in-wales-takes-uk-total-past-4-000-11961367

They maybe but I have no doubt that their infection in Wuhan is over for the moment and that nationally it is for the moment under control

See Italy. There is no way you could hide the scale of those effects.

You should also consider that China sequenced the virus within days and gave that sequence to the world. Consider the consequences had they not. Testing regimes would be way further behind and importantly vaccine development would be way behind too.

Chinese virus? he used that again today. Someone should ask Trump where Spanish flu came from.

A) They did hide it for a period of time until they couldn’t. The WHO released info, based on what the Chinese government told them, saying it wasn’t evident humans could give it to other humans. This was end of January, when he had already spread significantly.

B) Spanish Flu was called that purely because Spain weren’t at war and therefore didn’t put out propaganda, as they had no troops to keep fighting. It didn’t start there and they just had it similarly to everyone else. This flu was started by Chinese custom and tradition in that region, they didn’t get a grip of these wet markets and therefore it’s not comparable to the unfairness of Spanish Flu being named as such.

What exactly does 'Lake Boy' think is going on then?

Thinks the world has taken a dark turn like Nazism. First get you into fear mode, make you hide at home then bombard you with propaganda like 1984 so you'll obay.

obey.gif

All a load of tin foil hat stuff.

"There are significant numbers of people who have died but whose death hasn't been attributed to the coronavirus because they died at home or in a nursing home and so they weren't swabbed," said the mayor of Bergamo, Italy Giorgio Gori [Reuters, Milan]

Of the Closed cases 10,897 (Closed meaning either died of the virus or have recovered) of Covid-19, 44% have died totalling 4,825. As of this present time there are officially 53,578 cases of Covid-19 in Italy. If we were to use 44% of this total as an average for all present cases in Italy of the 53,578 official cases we could be looking at 23,574 eventual deaths for cases registered up to today’s date (Worldometers)

Apparently one of the common symptoms is greatly reduced sense of smell and taste. I just found out about this important symptom yesterday and yet I’ve spent an inordinate amount of time scouring the news. This is one of the first symptoms I’ve heard of that is not also common to other viruses, infections, and allergies that are prevalent this time of year. I wonder why it’s not being publicized more.

I lose smell and taste pretty much every time I get a cold.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.