COVID-19 — Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
Really think there should be a seperate hot line to report on groups like this.
Yep, suggested this morning after we passed three school aged girls walking next to one another, all of them on their phones and one moaning she was bored already, fucking hell after one day?
The cunts didn’t move an inch when we tried to get past, ignorant twats.

80% of the last two years accounts like everyone else , done .
For everyone that’s self employed , or would you need to prove that your business is completely stopped ? For example my shop and cafe is closed, yet the butchers, bakers, fishmonger, green grocer are open but at the moment doing pretty well as shoppers switch from the supermarket.

We’ve only been on lockdown for 11-12 days so we still have a few days left before seeing any change.

I did see that The Who say it’s an average of about 10 days to die but can take up to 22 days.

The other thing to note about Spain is that according to worldometer they have 38,000 active cases with a current death rate of almost 40% so it’s gonna be an absolute tragic week here.

We have to cross our fingers that the peak is reached within 7 days I would imagine.
Keep safe

She was included in the daily figures as having underlying health issues,i think people need to ignore that phrase now and everyone be careful

True, it's a new and unpredictable virus and will hit people differently.

Big increase in deaths in Scotaland today from 16 yesterday to 22 today. Thats 37 5%. Let's hope that's an outrider.

The number of deaths from coronavirus in the UK has risen to 435 after further fatalities were confirmed in Scotland and Wales.

Six more deaths in Scotland take the total toll there to 22, and First Minister Nicola Sturgeon has said there are 51 people now in intensive care who have been diagnosed with COVID-19 or are suspected to have it.

Wales has announced five more coronavirus deaths, also taking its total to 22.

NHS England announced 83 deaths from COVID-19 on Tuesday and it will update its tally later on Wednesday - and new figures are also expected from Northern Ireland

From the article linked...

"Getting vaccinated against the flu is important, too, because a coronavirus outbreak that strikes in the middle of a flu epidemic is much more likely to overwhelm hospitals and increases the odds that the coronavirus goes undetected. This was probably a factor in Italy, a country with a strong anti-vaccine movement, he said."

Also, please note that I said "could"...

I am a supporter of vaccines but also am aware they are not the all protecting answer many think they are. This years flu vaccine for instance is showing effectiveness for 45% of the people that receive it. If you are over 65 you need between a double and quadruple dose compared to under 65s.

https://www.cdc.gov/mmwr/volumes/69/wr/mm6907a1.htm

The USA is in major trouble. They currently have 55,000 active cases with a current death rate of 67% (albeit on a small sample scale so far). They’re not expecting to reach the peak for another 2-3 weeks, by which point we may well be look at 6 figures. Absolutely tragic.
And yet theg claim 143 new cases yesterday. ONLY 143? I wouldn't be surprised if they start to suppress testing and the the numbers to make it ok for Trump to open everything up at Easter. Theres no way they only had 143 new cases

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.