COVID-19 — Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just watched Newsnight myself and all I saw was a really irate woman constantly asking a man questions, and interrupting after 3 words of his answer, asking questions like "what do you mean by that", then of course interrupting again before he has a chance to reply. Really poor interviewing. Your task as an interviewer is not to try to score smart arse points but to give the viewer information and insight. She failed miserably.
Par for the course these days at the BBC.

You didn't see the interview? In time for the Excel facility opening. He said hope to get some in April, which is rather vague.

That would reflect the nature of the questions. So vague as to be meaningless. I saw the interview in its entirety and the fact is a lot of the questions were nonsensical and unnecessarily argumentative. She says "What does 'ramping up production' mean". Well go figure. But whatever you do don't listen to the answer. I know for a fact that there are thousands of additional ventilators being produced at the moment and would have liked to hear some more meat on the bones from him rather than her constant interruptions. Pin him down by all means but at least let him answer the question before you judge his answer !

He thought the NHS was filled with people claiming to be "angels" and "heros" (sic) and that it was "rank average at best". This crisis has showed that the NHS is the dogs' bollocks. And always was. Spare me the revisionist rubbish.
I said I disagreed with him.

That would reflect the nature of the questions. So vague as to be meaningless. I saw the interview in its entirety and the fact is a lot of the questions were nonsensical and unnecessarily argumentative. She says "What does 'ramping up production' mean". Well go figure. But whatever you do don't listen to the answer. I know for a fact that there are thousands of additional ventilators being produced at the moment and would have liked to hear some more meat on the bones from him rather than her constant interruptions. Pin him down by all means but at least let him answer the question before you judge his answer !
The questions were (a) when will we get these ventilators and (b) why hadn't you done something earlier - and same with PPE and tests for NHS staff. Answers included that Gove is heading up procurement...

Judge for yourselves. 20 mins in. https://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/m000gp8x/newsnight-25032020

It was the odious **** Nadhim Zahawi and he got everything he deserved.

As for Mike Ashley I notice his latest wheeze is he has charged Newcastle United fans for next year’s season tickets already.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.