COVID-19 — Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is a 24hr period. This is from the official government department of health and in the thread it tells you it's from a 24hr period.

Edit: I would guess the 36hr period was from Tues when the deaths were 87.

DOH twitter is essentially clear, but it's still very easy to get the wrong idea on matters like this.

Yesterday’s figures did not cover a full 24 hour period while we adjust to the new system. These figures comprised the period from 9am 24 March to 5pm on 24 March. Figures issued today are recorded as of 5pm 24 March to 5pm 25 March.

So;

Until yesterday we were given the figure for deaths in the 24 hours recorded at 9am that morning.

We are now given the figure as recorded at 5pm the evening before.

Yesterday's figure was thus for the 8 hours between 9am and 5pm on the day before.

Today's and future figures are for the 24 hours leading up to 5pm the day before the figure is announced.

If we look at the entire series of figures, from here on, we are recieving those figures 16 hours later, and so whilst yesterday, the total number of deaths covered x number of 24 hour periods, from today we must say we have the total for x number of 24 hour periods, minus 16 hours.

I'm very sad to correct anyone here but I'll say it again for clarity - Over the last two days, we were given one set for 8 hrs, and one set for 24 hrs.

What is clear is that the latest figure for a 24 hour period amounts to an increase in the total number of deaths of ~25%. Very, very much in line with the exponential growth we've come to expect in countries at this stage. We hope the effect of social distancing bites pretty hard in a week or two, because if the govt is correct, and we reach our peak around the same time, we would otherwise seem to be odds on for more deaths per day than Italy.

Last edited by a moderator:
its got to the point that anybody not listening and going out for no reason should be made to face the people that have died and then warned and fined

had to do some shopping today and still people out and about in groups walking around like nothing has happened ? i seen 4 young lads just walking in a group laughing and messing about. if i had a gun i would have shot them myself the crazy twats. they are scum and don't really need anymore time on earth and they should be swapping places with somebody else that have died of this virus that did not want to

DOH twitter is essentially clear, but it's still very easy to get the wrong idea on matters like this.

So;

Until yesterday we were given the figure for deaths in the 24 hours recorded at 9am that morning.

We are now given the figure as recorded at 5pm the evening before.

Yesterday's figure was thus for the 8 hours between 9am and 5pm on the day before.

Today's and future figures are for the 24 hours leading up to 5pm the day before the figure is announced.

If we look at the entire series of figures, from here on, we are recieving those figures 16 hours later, and from today we can say we have the total for x number of 24 hour periods minus 16 hours.

Yesterday's figures are for an 8 hour period rather than the 24 we had been getting.

I'm very sad to correct anyone here but I'll say it again for clarity - Over the last two days, we were given one set for 8 hrs, and one set for 24 hrs.

What is clear is that the figure for the last 24 hours amount to an increase of ~25% in total deaths. Very, very much in line with the exponential growth we've come to expect in countries at this stage. We hope the effect of social distancing bites pretty hard in a week or two, because if the govt is correct, and we reach our peak around the same time, we would otherwise seem to be odds on for more deaths per day than Italy.

Though this tweet from the 24th makes it more confusing. Saying as of 1pm on that day deaths were at 422. So was yesterday’s number just from 1om till 5pm on the 24th?

You have to open the full tweet to see where it says this.

The 115 deaths today in the UK is only for 3/4 of the day due to the change in process where each hospital has a running total of confirmed death statistics that they can't fuck up like they did yesterday (with double counting and no counting).
It should have been around 180/190 if done as previously.

It sounds like these figures have been more massaged than Lawrence Dallaglio

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.