COVID-19 — Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oxford Uni in collaboration with China developed a test a week ago that they claimed produced a reliable result in 45 minutes from very low virus levels.

I would like to know where we are up to with these testing kits. Do they work as claimed or not? It should be straightforward to test them against samples. If they work, can they be mass produced?

Probably exactly where we were 2 days ago when Whitty said there was a prospective test of which the UK had a large stock, but they needed to test it to confirm it was sufficiently reliable.

Probably exactly where we were 2 days ago when Whitty said there was a prospective test of which the UK had a large stock, but they needed to test it to confirm it was sufficiently reliable.
Are you referring to the antibody test? I am talking about tests for the virus.

home testing kits will be a big mistake as people simply won’t understand the results and will get understandably confused about false negative/positives second testing and time frames on the window from the assumed infection/symptoms date.

should be done in a clinical/controlled environment assuming the kits work so that professionals can collate the information which we do need and ask the person the appropriate questions otherwise the feedback will be useless. Scope for chaos here is massive.

So there’s 3 trains of thought I’ve heard

people eating bats

lab close to Wuhan released it

5g is poisoning us causing our bodies to create this Virus

I personally haven’t got a clue but thought the 5g argument was very interesting

I'm not sure trains of thought is the right terminology for those. The first one and it being transferred from animal to human has been backed up by every science lab worldwide who have studied the genetic code. The other two are conspiracy theorists on the internet.

Christ Mike Ashley has apologized for keeping his stores open - this situation is even worse than we thought!

My view in these types of situation is you judge people by their first instincts. I’m normally one for forgiving and forgetting when someone apologises, but I’m much less so inclined when someone seeks to exploit a crisis, as Ashley indubitably did.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.