COVID-19 — Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
The fuckin silence from the government today is a disgrace. I’m self isolating in the outhouse but all the advice I have is isolate, don’t ring 111 and I can’t get tested unless I’m in hospital. Do my kids go to school? Does my wife go to work? They’re totally fine and loads like me just carrying on and coughing over everyone coz they’re not getting concrete advice. Poor poor show mr Johnson. Mind you I can’t say I’m surprised

Totally agree. The silence is deafening

The guy who gives me a lift to work in the mornings texted me today to say his sister has it and she was round his house cutting his hair last Sunday, and said do I want a lift to work in the morning or would I sooner be a “bus wanker”. I phoned him as I thought he might be on a wind-up (you never know with him) but it turns out it’s true. He’s not displaying any symptoms and neither am I, but I thought the advice would be for him to self isolate. However, I’m not sure of that and like many others who can’t afford to have time off, he’s coming in tomorrow. Told him I’d be getting the bus though, but thinking about it I might be just as likely to catch it travelling on a filthy bus!

On another note, I got a text off my sister this evening to say she’s got home from work and her husband has a temperature and dry cough. She’s told him to self-isolate and she’s talking to him through the bedroom door and washing everything down with bleach. Worse still, she works for the NHS as a psychiatric nurse so she’s now going to have to bring her week’s leave forward (or maybe a fortnight). She’s taken a pic of his temperature reading to prove to work she’s not bullshitting.

And just to complete the hat-trick, when I was out walking the dog this morning I bumped into a guy in his 70’s. He’s a City fan and we often talk about the football mainly. Anyway, today’s conversation was all about coronavirus. His brother is in Gorton Park care home and he told me yesterday that he got a letter from them telling him they were in lockdown as 2 people there have it - 1 staff member and 1 patient.
Haha, I’m a bus wanker mate!

Why would the death rate be that high though. The death toll in China which I don't think is true at all is officially around 3500. Something not quite right.
Agreed, but China eventually took drastic measures of social isolation to try to stop the spread. UK government (and so called experts) deciding this isn't required, despite evidence from China.

UK govt is delaying doing this with no ban on mass gatherings. Apparently they think that UK citizens would not be happy with the same restrictions, so they want as many people to catch the virus in order to get this fabled "herd immunity". They keep on saying that for most people it will be very mild, but do not say that for 10-20% (???) it will be a nightmare with possible ongoing health issues even after recovery, and for 5-10% (???) they will need oxygen or respirators or mechanical breathing assistance. This doesn't appear to be mentioned. Germany ordering 10,000 respirators. Shouldn't this number have us worried?
I hope I am wrong. I hope that I am very very very wrong. but I have friends and family in the at risk categories.

Yeah, that's pretty buried!
Why it isn't linked to - front and centre - by every news website is a mystery.

It's badly written though. This bit:
"You should remain in your home. Do not go to work, school, or public areas, and do not use public transport or taxis. You cannot go for a walk."

There shouldn't really be a 'cannot' there - it's a request, not an order, as far as I can see. It's mixed messages.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.